AA Atlas Died Help with new system

Username: Algirard8

Post Number: 1
Today is a sad day. My 15" AA Atlas died. The subwoofer is not completely blown i think. I think the copper coil has just come off of the center tube. The spider looks intact and everything looks fine from the outside but there is a rattle noise when played. I sent an email to AA to see how much a recone would cost but I'm thinking of getting some new subs. Currently I have a Kicker KX650.4 that was powering the sub so either I can get two 300 watt subs at 4ohms or get a new sub and amp. I was thinking of $500-$600 max for the new setup. So can someone either suggest two 12" subs or a new amp and sub. This is going into a 03 Mazda 6 with a Pioneer Premier DEH-P860 as the headunit. Thank you in advance for any recommendations

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5298
that would be a fun sub to recone into a 12" and use for my SQ sub :-) .. lmk if you decide to sell it

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6322
alan, if you decide you want another 15" atlas let me know cause i have 1 for sale cheap.

Silver Member
Username: Yukhui

4 15 AA Havocs, Memphis 4kw!!

Post Number: 951
Cut out your dust cap and see if you can reglue it. Hell, it's better than nothin.

Post Number: 2
Well I took apart the atlas today and the copper coil was the problem. The coil had split in half so only the bottom half was moving and causing the rattle. Now to try to recone the atlas or just buy a new sub. ctmike how cheap were you thinking of selling the atlas for?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6327
$65 plus actual shipping.

Post Number: 3
I like that price but I think I want to upgrade and try some different subs out. I was thinking of getting like a 12" Fi Q and maybe like a ed nine.1 to power it. Any suggestions?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us