Help me Decide on some New Things For My System

Username: Joe_mustard

Alabama U.S.A.

Post Number: 2
Hey guys I'm in a 2005 Nissan Sentra and I've got 2 10 inch Audiobahn Eternal subs, and an alpine 9833 deck. I cannot decide if I should get another 15 inch Eternal and invert all the subs or just leave my 2 tens in my ported box. I also cannot decide on an amp to use for these subs. I've tried a couple and have blown the amps in some freak accidents....
Also I havn't decided on speakers yet. I was looking at the new JL Audio ZR650 components and they interested me greatly. Also i would need a 4 channel amp for those and I was looking at the 300/4 JL Audio Slash series amp to power them.

If I could get some opinions on these topics it would be greatly appreciated.

BTW the budget is around $2000-$2500

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6059
dont use two different sized subs. audioburn blows. those comps are pretty nice, but there's probably something better out there for the money.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 2556
^^x2

"I've tried a couple and have blown the amps in some freak accidents..." - that's probably not a good thing to have keep happening.

If you have 2 grand you can get a real nice system...you may as well rework the entire thing.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1202
2 grand!?

2 12" audio pulse revo's

amp for subs http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_28&products_id= 56

HO alternator 300

component amp http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=4652

components http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3079

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

The ecoustics, Supplier GA USA

Post Number: 2130
Where in Alabama are you? I can probably help you out :-) I'm in the Phenix City area near Auburn.

Kevin

Alabama U.S.A.

Post Number: 3
I actually go to Auburn, I'm just home for the summer gettin some cash for the new system.

Alabama U.S.A.

Post Number: 4
btw where would i get an HO alternator 300 from?

Gold Member

The ecoustics, Supplier GA USA

Post Number: 2131
Ah ya, hit me up man I will let you check out my little setup :-) Takes me about 25 min to get there. I also deal with Ohio gen on atls, and was looking at another alt company as well. Hopefully I will hear something from them this week. Shoot me an email bro.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2530
haha ryan shaw ... u recommend a precision power amplifier ... and say a ho alternator 300 ?

Joey obviously has no idea what anything is ... beyond most mainstream items ... IE Audiobahn and JL ...

Joey what i would recommend is doing this

contact all of the major High Output Alternator companies
- Iraggi
- Excessive Amperage
- DB Electrical
- Ohio Generator
- HO Alternators

price out alternators for your sentra

Then look into an upgraded battery
- Optima
- Kinetik

are the norm for most car audio users

wire - www.knukonceptz.com

must get enough for ground,power, and big 3 so roughly 20 feet or so

your alpine deck is a good deck no reason to change it ...

i would look into component sets such as
-CDT
-DLS
-Focal
-Morel
-Rainbow
-Diamond
-PG RSD
-RD Alpha
-kicker rs/ss
-hertz
-jbl

amplifiers for your frontstage/substage
-kicker
-pg
-jl
-audioq
-sundown
-rd
-rockford
-jbl
-orion
-diamond
-american bass
-alpine pdx
-incriminator

subs
-Ascendant Audio
-SSA icon
-rd audio
-soundsplinter
-fi car audio
-digital designs
-audioq
-kicker cvx or l7 (if looking for spl)
-sundown nightshade
-ia death penatly
-atomic
-mach 5
-re audio

theres plenty more i can name ... do some research on these amplifiers/subs .. figure out the ones that meet your power requirements, your bank account, and suits you all together

Alabama U.S.A.

Post Number: 5
mike.. Okay lemme get this straight... I have subs already, i have a yellow top, 2 gauage wire, and a 10 farrad cap. I just needed some ideas on a new amp for the subs because i've already been through a couple that have been (professionally installed), some components, and an amp to match the components. All the shops around me are horrific dealers and have no good products to test.. i was just curious if you guys have actually heard some components yourself and would recommend any...

Gold Member

Es DEALER, GA USA

Post Number: 2133
Joey, the main thing is that the Audiobahn subs are not very good quality. They aren't very reliable and have horrible SQ. I am guessing you bought a prefab ported box for them as well. If so, then your box is tuned to 38-40hz and evrytime you play lower frequency songs for long periods of time you damage the subs. You will then unload the sub and it will no longer have control in an easy term.

Most of your retail shops will over charge and take advantage of the customer, especially while buying a well known brand. You will be better off getting a non-mainstream brand where you pay for the quality not the name.

I would get up with you and let you hear a nice quality setup, and I gurantee you can tell the difference :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2531
word!

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3015
We should probably start off by asking what kind of music do you listen to, and what kind of system you are trying to build. Do you want straight sound quality, as loud as you can get, or a mix of the two?

I agree with everyone above saying change out the subs. There is much better out there for half the price. I would look at running a single 12 ported or if you want more SPL (louder) 2 12s ported.

The main focus of the system should be the front stage speakers... alot of people on this forum only care about bass. I would set aside at least $350 for a solid 2 or 3 way component set and another $250+ on a 2 channel amp. If you chose to run rear fill (back speakers) i would just run them off the headunit at very low levels. You wont go wrong with any of the speaker sets Mike listed above, so just look around and see what you like.

Unless running ALOT of power you wont need a 300a alternator. Im running over 3500rms on my 250a and a single Kinetik battery and my voltage is always above 14 volts. However i would upgrade to a high output alternator to take less stress off your cars electrical, but figure out how much power you are going to use first.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5281
don't forget a nice alarm if your going to have that kind of equipment in there :-)

something with a two-way pager

$550 shipped you can have my eD nine.4, eD nine.1 and Viper 791xv two way paging alarm

..as well as a blown nine.1 i picked up.. you could get it repaired and have 2400+rms to work with at 2ohm with them strapped together .. plus a nice 4 channel for all your door speakers

you'd be left with $1450 which would be plenty everything else you need and then some

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1203
i meant a ho alternator would be 300 bucks. i thought i'd just throw out some names and stuff.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us