Finding my cars peak

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 774
say i make a box @ 32 hz for 1 12" on 500 watts and it peaks @ 36.. then i make another one @ 35 and peaks @ 40 and gets louder.. and i keep tuning my box higher and higher.. eventually i will start to drop db from tuning to high rite. say my best tuning for that box was 43 and peaked @ 47.. does that mean i can make a box for 2 12"s on 3000watts with different size of port and different cu. ft... will my best tuning fq.be @ 43 also or will it change when u start to change things??? sry i know its hard to understand but i tryed

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 775
anyone please?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9849
the sub you choose has an effect and so does the vehicles natural resonant frequency and yes box size has a factor too....but as long as you dont have two subwoofers with extreme fs differences the frequency should stay close to where it was....also using high amounts of power at or over the speakers rating will change the frequency some too....tuning plays a factor too as you have seen

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 776
well i'm runing a single 2 xl in 4.4 cu.ft. with 40.25 sq inch port @ 32 hz.. can i keep cutting it back till i hit my peak and then make like (example) 8 cu.ft with 150 sq. port @ the same tuning fq. with 2 2xls or is that to much of a difference.. oh ya and i run a asa1000 on a single.. and for a while i will be runing it on both but plan on goin for the asa3000
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us