Forgive me, But I need help.

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 55
I bought an 8" zebra subwoofer from a power seller on ebay. The model number is nwx-844. The speaker works and all, just I had a powered enclosure that originally held a 8" aiwa ts-w50. The rubber fell apart over time and so I replaced it with the zebra. I figured just a simple switch and any differences would not even be noticable. Well i was wrong, the speaker only plays frequencies over about 95hz, it does play them well but I want to go to at least 45hz with this.

Where your help will come in is, I have searched for sometime now, looking for specs or at least the companies website. I need some help on winging the box building or possibly one of you could locate the specs or site. Thank you all, and please I know that the speaker is crap, so can we please keep the criticism to a minimum.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6057
do your self a favor and scrap that zebra. pick up a quality woofer.

Username: Grayalien

Post Number: 8
are the voice coils the same ohm load? also, sometimes those amps in the combos have eq for the oe speaker and nothing else will sound right.

Bronze Member

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 56
yes they are both 8 ohm, and the amplifier has a selector switch of 60, 90, and 120hz. Do you think that it could be the box and port size, or perhaps the speaker itself has a very limited range of frequency?

Bronze Member

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 57
Reece, the speaker was five dollars, the only other option I will take is replacing the surround on the original speaker. If you know a good site that sells new foams for 8s, then I would appreciate it.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17348
http://www.speakerworks.com/speaker_repair_kits_s/65.htm
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us