Type r's with type r's

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 42
i still have stock speakers in my car because i am a college student and never have the time/money to replace them.

when i get the money would it be a good idea to replace the speakers with type r speakers to match my subs? would i also need another amp for my speakers?
suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 319
Its pretty much up to you. You can go with any speakers you want really. Type-r speakers are good. I havnt heard them personally but I have heard from other people that they are good. An amp is a good idea since your HU wont put out as much power as some new speakers can handle. You dont need the amp but it definitely will make the speakers louder/ sound slightly better.

I am sure some guys on here can give you more info on speakers that might be a better option for the price of the r's, but If you like the r subs (I have some and I do) then staying with the r brand isnt a bad idea.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 573
you can do betetr AND worse than the Type-r's .They are not bad though..

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
ya i hear that they aren't great but still have good quality. but i just got in a car accident today so i won't be able to afford jack sh!t for a while.
i was tired driving home from a party this morning and didn't realize the light was red. then i slammed on my brakes and crunched into the side of a chevy silverado. little whiplash but no bad unjuries, just one heck of a messed up hood/radiator/whole front end. they were already bending me over with insurance rates before, now i'm really screwed.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1735
Just be happy you are ok!

A friend of mine did the same thing almost.

She was tired driving home and just turned left on a green light in front of traffic.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 576
sux bro.... hope it all worx out....

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
ya lucky for me it didn't involve anymore cars. because of the long holiday weekend they wone't make an extimate on my car til tomorrow
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us