Does it effect my subs if i use Rear Outputs or Sub OP

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 267
I have a pioneer premier deck just has front and rear outputs, im going to be using the rear outputs, will this effect my subs and how much bass they will put out? thanks all comments are appreciated

Bronze Member
Username: Neptune07

Grand Junction/Golden, CO

Post Number: 39
it shouldn't affect the bass you put out but it might affect what notes the sub plays.
someone correct me if i'm wrong but if you plug a sub amp into a regular outlet then your sub will not only play the notes designed for subs, but also the higher pitched tones like lyrics and such.

what model # is your deck?
it might say in the manual if one set of outputs is designed for a sub or not

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21621
make sure you turn off the hpf on your hu so it plays full range through your rear output. then set the xover on the amp for your sub.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Portland, Or

Post Number: 4030
What the hell? I posted this in here like 10 minutes ago?? Chads got you covered though

"Just set the crossovers on the amp. set the lpf at how high you want the subs to play and the subsonic at how low you want to play and you will be good."

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 269
i heard words will come out of my subs or something is that true?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7858
If you set the amps LPF freq. right it will be fine. And like chad said make sure HPF on the HU is turned off.

You just won't be able to adjust sub volume on the HU without adjusting bass to the main speakers as well.

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 270
hmm, i dont think i can control the hpf on my deck, its just basic fader, balance, bass,treble, mid, and fei? dont know what that means

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7864
If your HU doesn't have a HPF/crossover control then it doesn't have it built in, so you don't even have to worry about it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us