My box is sealed. want to make it ported with aeroports !! how do i do this? help plzzzz

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 984
ok my box with the s-10 is selaed with 2 cvr's tens. i hear this nose when they hit a sertain volume teh weird thign is there only getting around 200-250 watts rms a piece. i wana make this box ported. i can buy aeroports or i can take it apart and make a slot on top. buttt i have liquid nail and if i tok it apart i would end up making a new box so is there some place that tells you wear to put the aeroports and how many to make a box ported. cuz there has to be a way to figure out the HZ of the box when u add a port. if u guys could tell me how i would love to do this.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1906
"i hear this nose when they hit a sertain volume"

Are you sure you aren't clipping them?

"i wana make this box ported"

It depends on the size of the box. If it is big enough for the subs to be ported, then you can put aero ports in it. If it is just the specs for a sealed box, it will not sound right at all.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 985
well i think the subs are recc 1.5 a sub to be ported. and teh box is only 2.25 cu ft sealed. without dissplacement. so yea i would prolly have to make a whole new box. but i mean i have the gain set right and wired everythign right. its just when the lows hit not all the time but sometimes and it will make a kind of like popping noise i turn it down right away. but is that clipping maybe i didnt set gain with a dmm. just by ear. so pretty much i have to make a completely new box to be ported? if i do should i go slot port or aero ?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1912
"well i think the subs are recc 1.5 a sub to be ported. and teh box is only 2.25 cu ft sealed. without dissplacement. so yea i would prolly have to make a whole new box."

Yeah lol

"so pretty much i have to make a completely new box to be ported? if i do should i go slot port or aero ?"

I would make a new box man and use aero ports if you have the money to buy them.

"its just when the lows hit not all the time but sometimes and it will make a kind of like popping noise "

Maybe you're...playing below tuning

i bet some people don't catch that lol

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9980
I see what you did with that nick

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 3007
New box time.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 986
thanx jake. now that u mentioned it i am 100 percent sure i am going below tuning haha. thanx . but yea i talked to a guy and hes like oh well u can make a slot port on top and see hwo it sounds instead of just making a whole new box. im like nahh . he said the only good thing is u will gain 3-4 db with a bigger one im like yea see thats nice. anyways. ok i will be making a new box soon. but how do i know wear to put my aero ports? i need to figure this out and how many how long? wear u buy them ?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 988
if i give u guys the dimensions of my new box and the tuning freq i want could u tell me what size aeroports and how many and wear to put them at ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us