Building a box

I just bought a pair of Solo-Baric L5 10" subs. I have an 80 jeep CJ-7 I was wondering if I should use a sealed enclosure or a band pass box.
If you have the time I also would like to know what a good box size is for this one and help on how to build it. thanks Brad

sealed beetween .66 & 1 cubic feet.
3/4 inch mdf. divider. wood glue. silicone and dry wall nails

http://www.jlaudio.com/installs/wrangler/index.html

there try that
matt

rogo
sealed 1 cubic ft for each with a partition, load the inside of the box up with sound deadining panels

joshua albring
how would i build a ported encloser for two l5 solo's...one problem tho, i have a 92 integra hatchback=no room=about 4 cubic feet if that.
please help asap

I don't know about you, Josh, but if my math is rith, you don't have enough room. Four cubic feet...Well, four SQUARE feet means 2X2, but your two woofers are more than one foot in diameter...each... Your best bet would be to build a box where the woofers are facing eachother and look into reversing the polarity on one sub. Another option would be to build the subs into the back of your rear seat...
Good luck!

I just bought 2 1o' concept subs and i was wondering what would be better for them a ported or sealed box.

Thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us