What kind of laptop?

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 918
I'm going to be getting a laptop soon and i really dont know any of the good brands out there. I was looking at getting the Sony Vaio, they look pretty nice to me.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 533
sony = lots of $$$
toshiba satellite Dual-core is a good laptop... Look for clearence sale.... do not impulse buy... you will find out l8r that you fu(ked yourself(usually).. Good luck

Silver Member

Post Number: 920
alright, yeah the sony ones arent that bad, the one i was looking at had like 3 gig ram and intel dual core, not bad of a price either. what other brand should i look into?

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2376
Toshiba or Gateway ftw.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2523
i would go Asus or Acer personally.

i basically picked the Asus below for my bro and he loves it. its faster than his alienware he had that was over $600 more. it's pretty big, but he doesn't mind.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220215

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4202
X3 on Toshiba

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2227
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2903292&cp=&pg=1&searchSor t=TRUE&sr=1&retainProdsInSession=1&retainProdsInSession=1&y=4&y=11&origkw=acer&k w=acer&x=8&x=13&s=D-StorePrice-RSK&parentPage=search

There you go check it out

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2122
I tell you what I won't EVER buy again, and that is HP. I won't EVER own another one period.

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17296
In my experience you won't see me owning a Dell again.

Just from experience though every HP I've had never failed me. Two desktops and two laptops so far.

What fails me is Vista.

And AIM.

And running out of beer.

Silver Member

Post Number: 534

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2123
LOL, dayum Paul. Sounds like the day I am having haha.

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17298
Well I got a fresh keg over the weekend so beer is not a problem right now.

Mind you it was free as well.

Silver Member
Username: Luisdelbronx

Bronx, NY USA

Post Number: 239
Here my experience. I've fixed a few laptops, hp has a record of having the DC jack on the laptop come loose and not charge at all (i've seen 4 hps and 2 compaqs like this). Dell laptops feel cheap and dent easily, and after a while the screen hinges get flimsy so think about this if you are going to travel, however, they do what they are supposed to do and do it well, never experienced a hardware issue with mine.

Toshibas are pretty good imo from the ones i've fixed were due to user error (some idiot punched his screen, he said he dropped it but you could see knuckle marks). IBMs are built like tanks, I've got 3 T42s in my house but they may not have all the bells and whistles you are looking for (unless you get the R61 built from ibm directly but the R series weighs more then the T series) but are very dependable.

And apple, i just bought a macbook.. the damn thing is sexy as hell.. but its overpriced for what you get and it scratches REALLY easy. i've only had it for a few weeks so thats all i can really say.

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
side note... DONT BUY E-MACHINES...... EVER! Hinges are crap!!!

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7854
Toshiba's as good as it gets without spending a LOT for a panasonic toughbook.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1898
Gateway and Toshiba are the leaders right now when it comes to Quality PC laptops.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6045
macbook pro.

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 39
X2X on Toshiba I got a satellite for Christmas and my mom got a brand new gateway that's way fancier than mine, but mine is so much faster than hers and my features are way better too this is my first laptop and I love the wireless Internet

Silver Member

Post Number: 921
alright thanks for all the opnions guys.im gonna start looking into some toshiba.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7861
With regard to the MacBook Pro, they are decent systems if a mac is what you want. I'm a pc/network technician and we have about 50/50 windows/mac systems. The one problem the macbooks do have is the hard drives, they are prone to failure. Of course, better the HD than the entire motherboard like with Dells.

But yeah, for a windows machine Toshiba is as good as it gets with mainstream brands. There are some great quality custom built laptops sold by local pc builders (we have some of them), but you have to know which of them build good ones and then you usually have to bulk order to get them.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2929
i just got my macbook pro and i love it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us