OT: Police

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2636
So I go in tomorrow for my first big sit down interview with the police recruiter to try and get on with the Police Department here. I have 2 senior officers and 1 retired corpral as references so that helps plus the recruiter told me he really liked my attitude and work ethic the first time we met. Anyway, wish me luck and Ill post back after the interview and let you now how it went

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6486
Good luck man.

I know alot of cops.
Most are good guys (upper rank), the lower rank guys are assholez. On a dam power trip :-(

Don't be like them.

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1114
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVBB2upbVys

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2188
Why would you wanna be a cop?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2637
Im going to be a cop for a few years and move on to something else. I was set on State Trooper but my recruiter was telling me ALE and DEA were in need of help so I dont know what Im going to do. I know most people hate cops just because they are cops but I dont have anything to prove or anyone to get back at, I just want to be in law enforcement. No power trips here

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9961
Good luck Capps. Hope it works out bud,

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4200
Hey Andrew... I can frisk your girlfriend to show you how it's properly done.

Then you can frisk Peyton to see if you learned the technique

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2638
haha. I just took a test on frisking. I cant do it unless I have reasonable suspission to believe someone is carring contriband. Ive already taken 2 100 question tests... He is grading them now

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17287
Make a difference man. Don't turn out to be "dead beat" cop.

Good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7843
Go for it man, the country needs more cops with your attitude instead the azzhole attutide a lot of them have.

" Most are good guys (upper rank), the lower rank guys are assholez "

Thats a stereotype that doesn't apply to all of them. I have a friend who used to be a philadelphia cop and he was the second lowest rank..... great guy.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Post Number: 2224
Just pull ovet ppl with systems and if they run cheap crap destroy it on site LOL, but us guys with good stuff let em go lol

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 531
I deal with police and/or sheriffs everyday as a bondsman/recovery agent. Most are pretty cool so long as you stay on their good side.. Some are definetly pri(ks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 532
btw... good luck.. stay cool!

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4115
good luck Andrew. State cops are a tough crowd. Better bennifits and more over time, Thats where the $ is. Detail work. Town and city cops are limited by local budgets. also, after 20 years, you can retire with full benifits. Good luck.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2639
Canaan most of those guys are the ones that became a cop b/c in HS they were picked on and they feel like the have something to prove. Im just in it to help the community by doing something I wanna do. I dont have to prove Im big and bad. Just like ANY cop, be nice to me, Ill treat you like you treat me, you f(_)ck with me or my fellow officers, Ill f(_)ck with you too. Of course you have to come off a little hard but not as an azz.

And the whole system thing, if I took every crappy system out of every car in this city, that would leave 3 or 4 systems in the whole city. haha.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2642
well I passed my primary interview, a few tests and my oral board (interview with a room of officers) and I go in tomorrow to take my polygraph test. So far, things are looking good for me. I still have that and my POPAT (Police Officer Physical Abilities Test) and a few small thing before Im hired but Im on my way.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4120
nice.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4652
Hey can a convicted felon be a cop? I would think that a person that had a previous life of crime would be the best cop....Polo.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21607
you can't. you have to be clean. infact you can't even have blemishes on your credit report. at least that is how it is if you want to become a L.A.P.D.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2643
You cant be a police officer if youve been convicted of a felony, have committed a crime that caused you to serve more than 2 years in jail, done any drug besides mary jane, if youve smoked mary jane anymore than just a few times they review yor case and you may or ma not be allowed a job ar if you have a serious crime that they deem too serious to allow you to become an officer. And the credit thing isnt that bad here, its just i you have bad credit.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21608
andrew i applied for the los angeles police department like 10 years ago. i passed the written test and then scored 65 points in the interview. you need 70 to pass. after that i should of took another interview 6 months later but i got a nice job from my uncle so i didn't. found out later that 95 percent fail the first interview. i guess it was there way of seeing how committed you are.

i don't know how it is over there but if you don't get passed the first time, don't let that discourage you. keep going back. of course i will pray that you pass the first time.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17333
Well there goes 90% of Ecoustics' members lol.

I once applied for a job where the guy next to me asked if he could be given a 3 day notice of any drug test.

I.....had no response lol.

Andrew, best of luck man.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2644
Yeah, its going to take a lot more than failing a test to discourage me from this. Im like a little kid with my heart set on a toy. I gonna want it till I get it.

paul, did that guy get the job? haha

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 1055
good luck Andrew

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4655
Burglary, theft over and battery against a police officer constitute a felony lOl? I may not be able to own/operate a firearm but damn it, I think they should still give me a chance :-O Polo..

Good Luck man!

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2646
The polygraph went good. The recruiter should call me next week and set up another time to meet with him.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17335
No Andrew he didn't get the job lol. But I think you will.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2647
Lets hope so. I really want to buy a crotch rocket this winter. Living at home, making the pay I will be = bike, audio system upgrade and a lot of savings :-)

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4225
^^^ That is pretty much a relief.... Andrew was more and more talking like a cop and now he isn't.
Still want the g/f badly (I forget her name) so at least that part of it is the same.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2648
yeah. saw that you didnt put her in your top ten girls brad. haha

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2653
I got a call from the recruiter and I passed the polygraph and I take my POPAT on Tuesday morning. Im getting closer and closer to becoming an officer! Im friggin excited

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17408
Now a polygraph isn't legal in a court of law correct? The police are trained in accordance to the very same law no? Why are they/you subjected to a test that couldn't be used in one?

I'm confused lol.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2654
Polygraphs can be used on anyone that agrees to one. If you say no, they cant make you take it. As for using it against you in court, I dunno about that but it was required to get the job. All they are doing is making sure I was honest on my app.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17409
Funny. When you refuse a breathalyzer on the road you are assumed guilty and convicted on the spot.

I saw a vid on youtube where a dude opened and chugged a bottle down on tape just before his breath test before the officer could stop him. That rendered the test void. Looks like more ppl will be doing just that?

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2656
Yeah I actually know a guy that did that too. It was liquor and since he did that, not only could the breathalizer not be done right then but once it was (I think they had to wait 30 mins) the DUI was reduced to a public consumption in court because they couldnt prove he had drank anything before he drove. Pretty ballsy but smart.

Silver Member

Post Number: 633
in La. that idea would pick up an "obstruction of justice" charge.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2659
Well he said he got a public consumption charge. He had 20 hours community service and 6 months of unsupervised probation.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4279
Andrew if you try to bust me I will just be forced to kick your ass. And you know I can and will. Then I will use your gun in a murder with your prints on it....

Just saying.... but still much love for your girl, whatever her name is -- and Peyton says "he's cute and tall" so there is always the promise of that swap we always talk about. "Over and out" in cop speak = 10-4.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3356
"I saw a vid on youtube where a dude opened and chugged a bottle down on tape just before his breath test before the officer could stop him. That rendered the test void. Looks like more ppl will be doing just that?"

Sad that some people just don't get it. It seems to be all about evading capture, they don't stop to think about how retarded their actions actually are.

This guy essentially is breaking laws that are in place to try and prevent some of the senseless drunk driving deaths that occur daily, and to avoid having to own up for his immoral behavior, he breaks the law even further.

This guy isn't smart and ballsy, this guy is a fu<king douchebag and i hope he hits a wall going 90 next time so the world will be a slightly safer place.

/rant

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2660
Haha brad. I may just have to stop you and taze you before you kow its me, then have a 3some with your girl and brittany. Dont worry, you wouldnt completly miss it, Id post pics up here for everyone to see.

Yeah ehren, I guess you are right but because he had a few drinks, most likely over the legal limit, you want him to hit a wall? Have you ever gone over the speed limit, been texing while you were driving, looking in the back of your car for something instead of paying attention to the road or anything like that? Ever? Even once? I hope not b/c I would hate to have to wish death upon you. Kinda sad you want everyone to die that has done something stupid. I dont condone drunk driving or anything of the sort but second chances are always a good thing...

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17418
The average convicted drunk driver will "get away" with it 60+ times before getting caught. That's an average. In NJ when convicted you must attend classes through the IDRC (intoxicated driver resource center). I believe there's a mandatory 2 day course at $200/day. That was 15 years ago. The program acknowledges that the majority of 1st time offenders are "social" drinkers who have already learned their lesson. You watch horror films and get educated on all the dangers involved.

The ones truly in need of help are the ones who run to the bar/liquor store during the one hour lunch break. Some just can't control themselves and THAT'S who the program is trying to reach.

I was a shop foreman years back and was forced to send a guy home because he wreaked of booze. Nicest guy but you can't work with power/air tools intoxicated. I told him if he came back tomorrow in the same condition he would be fired. He NEEDED this job and indeed came back the next day sober. He also came back completely worthless. He couldn't stop shaking and his nerves were shot. Withdrawal was setting in. He was forced into rehab.

Later did I find out that he drank a 30 pack and a 5th, every day of his life. His body couldn't function without alcohol. He passed shortly thereafter. I think he had a young daughter too.

Sad.

You know the old saying: "First the man takes a drink, then the drink takes the man." It was true in his case.

Bronze Member
Username: 4realadeala

Tampa, Florida

Post Number: 60
"Burglary, theft over and battery against a police officer constitute a felony lOl? I may not be able to own/operate a firearm but damn it, I think they should still give me a chance Polo"

Polo you never stop amazing me. You remind me of a legendary man, Leroy Brown. Maybe you have heard of him..... He is the baddest N1gg@ in town.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2662
I have an aunt and uncle that cant function w/o alcohol too. Its really sad but once they reach that level there really isnt anything you can do for them...

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

The Chicago area

Post Number: 3360
"Kinda sad you want everyone to die that has done something stupid."

JEEZ talk about twisting my words Capps!!!

Not only is that way more broad than what I said, but I also acknowledged at the end of the post that I was on a rant which by definition is speaking over the top and not literally.

Of course I don't want him to die a horrible death just based on one tiny piece of his life I'm familiar with.

If you want the literal answer, I'd say I hope next time he is unable to avoid paying for what he did, and is subject to whatever punishment the law says is appropriate in that situation.

"Have you ever gone over the speed limit, been texing while you were driving, looking in the back of your car for something instead of paying attention to the road or anything like that? Ever? Even once?"

No I've never texted while driving, and I yell at friends/family when I see them doing it, I think it's blatantly stupid.

No I've never looked in the back of my car while DRIVING. When stopped at a train or a light or something, yes I'm sure I have plenty of times.

Yes I have sped at times, as has anyone I'm sure. While I won't sit here and try to tell you it's justifiable, I think you and I both know that comparing mild speeding to drunk driving is pretty ridiculous.

I hope you don't wish death upon me over this misinterpretation :-(

Platinum Member

Post Number: 17423
"I have an aunt and uncle that cant function w/o alcohol too. Its really sad but once they reach that level there really isnt anything you can do for them..."

Andrew, just curious. As a policeman, one day on patrol you stop a swerving driver, and it was your Aunt or Uncle, what would you do?

Don't answer. Your reply means nothing because you're not a policeman yet put in that position. Until then you won't ever know either.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2666
I can honesty answer that without a problem. If they were over the legal limit I would have them in the back of the car as quick as I could. My family has done everything we could to help them and they havent changed. I dont know if an arrest would help them but I would have no problem doing it and I know that no one in my family would be upset about it, including their daughters.

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2675
So I passed the background check, surprise, surprise, and I have to go to Cary to do psycological testing. This is gonna suck. An hour drive, 3 hours of stupid testing and another hour drive back. Not looking forward to that...

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2678
Well Im headed to take my pre employment POPAT. Wish me luck!

Gold Member
Username: Arande2

Rattle your ... Missouri

Post Number: 2866
Gl

Gold Member

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2681
That kick our butts. Every single one of us were bent over puking once we finished... But hey, I passed and all I have left is my physcoloical test and an inerview with the chief and I am in.

Ill start on the 4th working around the office and on the 18 the academy kicks in. Im so friggin pumped. Anyway, Ill update next Wednesday after the physicological test.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us