Week-end comp #'s

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4113
well, I went to 2 shows this weekend. First show was a SLAPP event. good turn out. Had 9 ppl in my class. Came in 6th.
Qualify was a 137.4
final run. 130 (ran a sweep, but didnt get to the right notes on time)

Today went to a DB Drag event.
Qualied a 134
Ran Bass race 120-129.9 class
Final run. Got a 128.7
Came in forth.
Thats off music btw.

winner had a perfect 129.9
and 2nd and 3rd were both 129.7 - 129.5

My Best overall was a 137 burp on a 49hz tone.
And burped a 139 a few weeks ago in RI on a 53hz tone.

So, new box is planned. But im getting sick of losing. I may just stop.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 518
Learn from your mistakes... NEVER QUIT!!!! If your not satisfied with the preformance of the system of your work van, then move your system into your regular vehicle(assuming u have one..no offence if you don't).. Fu(k other peoples scores... make your goal about improving your own scores... As long as your happy w/what you have.... and like car audio... then who cares, right? JMHO keep it going, Marc...

BTW... Cool name.. BUT you spelled it wrong! lmao

Mark (who ownes two vans)!

Gold Member
Username: Redliner

Wilmington, Ma

Post Number: 4461
hey marc sounds like your doing good at the comps getting exp which is all thats matters just rty to improve from each one ps im no vaca for the next couple weeks then ill be back and rdy for comps

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1407
I'd get some practice w/ bassrace, just figure out a good song you can get used to on your system and try and get as close to that 9.9 as possible. Sounds like you just need a bit more time with a meter, good luck.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8294
What vehicle was this in and what sub/amp combo? If you're doing this in the van don't expect to win too easily.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4118
yes, its in my work van. 2-JL 13 W6V2's off a MMats D200, or a Kenwood X811, or both. Depending on rules.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8295
Get yourself a smaller vehicle such as a Ford Explorer or a Chevy Blazer and I bet you'll kick some azz.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 277
yeah because i went against a guy with the same subs with a a jl 1000 slash, and he hit 141.3

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1734
At a given point though you start to sacrafice SQ for DB. so if you really want to compete you can get damn loud, just don't expect music to be "enjoyable"

That's why I am going to be using my winter car for comps as I don't want a crappy sounding daily driving vehicle. Winter car will become a one note wonder box.

Don't quit though!

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1918
Mike it depends on where you peak at. I peak at 53hz with my box tuned at 50hz and music is still enjoyable.
I know people that are loudest at 47hz. Their spl boxes sound great daily.

I can see where music might not sound enjoyable if you peak at a high frequency, tough.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1736
Yeah, my current box I peak at 43hz but I like the sound and "punchiness" of my old box that peaked at 47hz, so I will be swapping boxes to see if I gain anything in the Sq area as I was doing 145's with it and loved the sound I got from it.

146.1db @ 43 hz with my current box even though my box is "supposedly" tuned at 47hz I peak at 43 with my Alphas and I was peaking at 38-39hz when I had my Elites in.

The thing I meant, should have gone a bit further, is you can make a disgusting box that hits 150+ Db on a single 12" but it will end up sounding like a trash can on music, or at least that is what I have noticed. But then again you can hit 125db and it would still sound like trash.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1920
Yeah lol

I can do a 151 in the trunk with a single 15. It still sounds good daily also. It really just depends on the note you peak at.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us