Kicker 6x9s

Silver Member
Username: Silvermopar

Nebraska

Post Number: 103
Im thinking about replacing my sony 6x9s. I dont know what moddle they are but they are like 150watts peak or something like that. I would kinda like to go with an entire Kicker system minus the HU. So would any1 reccomend Kicker 6x9s (if so which ones), or is this a totaly horrable idea?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21439
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=6585

i have heard this in a few cars and they sound clean.

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 104
I was just looking at them too. Do you remember that they got really loud? (High Piched) It looks like maby an amp for them would be good too.

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 108
i used to have those runnin off 2 channels of a crossfire vr404 and they got pretty loud but stayed pretty clean

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 105
Did you upgrade? It sounds like you no longer have them.

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 110
nah i had them in a 2001 neon n i sold it now my car has 6 and a 1/2 in the back and front

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 34
I have the 07 ds 6x9's for rear fill and love them for how much they were but yeah you might want to amp them cause they are power hungry

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 106
I see there is a difference in price between the DS and the KS sereies. Would there be a similar difference in quality at higher levels of volume?

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 35
I have heard them both next to each other and could not tell a difference but I am new to aftermarket car audio so I don't really now what to look for. but of the speakers that I tested they sounded the best to me that's just my opinion tho. the ds 6x9 in my car are not currently amped I do have a kicker 350.4 that I could hook up to them I just have not done it yet.

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 107
If you could hook um to the amp without hurting something please do and get back to me. It would be much appriciated

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 36
just to clarify for you I have heard both (DS/KS) side by side and both were amped off the same kicker350.4 at the audio shop wear I bought my set from(DS) but the set in my car are not currently amped
I could tell no difference in the audio shop between the 2 speakers but as I said before I'm not really sure what I should be looking for. they were both loud and clear and sounded better than any of the other speakers choices they had to offer me including alpine/ boston/mtx and a few others I dont recall

Silver Member

Nebraska

Post Number: 108
Ok, Thanks for the Imput.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us