New Wiring Advice

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2927
My brother's home from school and wants to add a little bump to his stock monsoon system in his volkswagen. what's the reality of throwing like one of those ED13kv.2s in there while keeping everyhting else stock. I don't know for sure, but i would imagine it's externally amplified.

with my jeep, i had to completely bypass the stock infinity system all new wiring, that's NOT what i want to do. Is there any possibility of adding an amp/sub to either my brothers stock monsoon or like my mom's summer car's stock infinity?

also, what's a cheap amp that'll do 400 at 2 ohms. i've got the kicker zx400 on the list. hopin to stay below 125 shipped MAX

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17142
Shame you don't have more green Cal. I have 6 of those subs and a BNIB Zx500.1 amp that I could give you a good deal on but not for $125 tho.

That sub will take more than 400w as long as you're smart about it.

http://www.edesignaudio.com/elementaldesigns_13kv2chart.php

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7786
Yes the VW monsoon system does have an external amp.

I have installed a system in one of those before (amp and subs keeping everything else stock) and IIRC it does not have a bass filter on the rear speakers. So you can connect the amps speaker level input to the rear speakers. Use an LOC if the amp doesn't have speaker level.

Downside is that you can't reduce bass to the speakers without reducing it to the subs also. And it won't sound as good as an entirely aftermarket setup.

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2928
well actually, now it seems like he would be willing to shell out the dough for a ~150 dollar HU....apparently, he's talked to people who hooked up their stock monsoon system to the HU AND hooked up an additional amp....

what i might do is give him my panasonic cqvd7003 (individually adjustable frontleft, frontright, rearleft, rear right, and sub outputs from the HU) and could he use that??

paul how much would you want for one kv2 and the zx500

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17162
I'd be giving them both away at $275 shipped.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us