Aq 2.5 15 motor came unglued.

Silver Member
Username: 30hrtz

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 237
yup,just found that out.This should and im sure would have been covered under warranty by D.J. BUT i THOUGHT THE COILS WERE BURNT AND locked up.That was back in feb.So a few minutes ago i decided to cut the cone out and see what the damage was.well this would be my 1st attempt at a recone so i wasnt sure what i was looking at.I read the recone sticky on here and got to work.Well when I pulled the spider and cone and coil all out in 1 piece,i heard it scratch and it was hard to get out.Well it came out and the coils looked fine with the exception of a couple scatches on 1 side.So i looked down into the motor and it didnt look right.the center pole was pinned to the side of the basket pinching the coils.what had happened was the top plate that is threaded to mount the motor to the basket had come unglued from the rest of the motor.the only thing holding the motor on to the basket was the magnets.I pull the motor right off the basket and the plate is still screwed onto the basket.sorry no pics tonight,maybe tomorrow,and I will call D.J. and see what we can work out.Warrant was out in feb though.sucks that i let a great sub sit for 3 months before trying to do something with it only to find it was a manufacture defect.oh by the way,it is a 2007 model aq 2.5 15inch d4 sub.anyone ever seen this before?

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 199
that sucks...

why didn't you test to see if the coils were burnt way back when the problem started? not to mention usually you can smell it when there is a burnt coil. that should have been the first clue that it was a manufacturers defect.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2317
D.J. is a great guy. I'm sure he will try and work something out.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7761
Wow, hardly ever do you see something like this from DD/AQ.

But DJ's CS is among the best in the business so I'm sure you will get this worked out.

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 143
30hrtz if you can e-mail me a picture of your motor showing the pole piece aganist the toplate I will replace your old SD2.5 with a brand new SDC2.5 or build you a new SD2.5 whichever you want at no cost to you.

We have never until this instance had a motor come unglued on any of the AQ subs but there is always a "first time" with anything.Clearly not your fault if it happened regardless of the warranty time.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9619
now thats customer service

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1049
wow talk about customer service ^^^^

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21393
awesome customer service dj. mad props.

on a side note, when are you guys gonna come out with your version of the 9100 series?

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 144
Chad I've been working like a cat covering up sh*t for the last few months on new products. Two new amps,our German made 6.5 comps and the soon to be released SDC2 series. The new entry level SDC2 series has very good sound quality and very high output for a 300 RMS sub.

The DD9100 series is in a class of its own. Jassa has spared no expense in the design of the 9100. It is very expensive to build but for those who want the best it is well worth it. The production cost of the superlight composite cone by itself exceeds the production cost of the HDC3.

Our business is directed at providing top quality products for endusers on limited budgets. We work on very slim margins and depend on quality, customer service and volume to stay in business.I believe the best warranty is one you never have to use; I would rather be building new "stuff" instead of fixing old mistakes.A single motor coming unglued is one too many in my book.

I have been looking at building a "pure sound quality" woofer for some time that fits our pricing policy but it would have to be built entirely in house as I have been unable to source offshore the parts necessary for the design but we are still working on it.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5241
i'd be interested in a new SQ sub :-)

Silver Member
Username: Bonhamd

TC, MI USA

Post Number: 798
wow DJ - that is unvbelievable

AQ FTMFW

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21394
yep that is some awesome customer service for yo azz. mad props.

dj thanks for the reply. i will be waiting for something solid from you guys.

also after reading your statement above, i am really interested in the 9115 now.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 892
get it chaddddddddd.

Gold Member
Username: Stateprop486

PA

Post Number: 1511
AQ FTW, my AQ hdc315 is still going strong. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Clouduz

Post Number: 352
this is why i'm a AQ man awesome

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17121
Nice to see. Quick response.

We have stickies????

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 238
D.J is the man!Audioque FTW!i called him yesterday and he worked it all out.Greatest customer service ever.

Gold Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2331
So what did you end up going with? The sdc or the sd?

Silver Member

Raleigh, Nc U.s.a

Post Number: 239
sdc

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1728
Sweet! Can't wait to hear a review on the difference between the sd/sdc.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us