Wich subs?

Silver Member
Username: Kenny_hammond

Post Number: 283
Ok well I am going friday to a flea market to get some cheap subs for my work truck I am wanting 2 12s its a toss between kicker cvr or rockford fosgate stage 2s it is in a extra cab dodge so I don't have much space! So those are my chooses and I want the best deep non distorted bass I can get lol thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3932
I'm not really a fan of rf subs so I would take the cvr's all day.

Silver Member

Post Number: 284
Yeah I haven't had any luck with rockford but I have heard some go by that sound great my buddy just put 2 cvr in his truck faceing down to the floor and they pound!!!!! But I am faceing mine toward the front of the truck will mine be any louder .... and is bridged better or do I need a crossover?

Silver Member

Post Number: 285
Any sugestions?

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 28
pointing the subs foward will kill about half of your bass.and yes you will need a crossover. set it to high pass and 150 hertz

Silver Member

Post Number: 286
What do u meen kill the bass so if I point the subs toward the front seat were u can see them and not downfireing them it won't be good? I was thinking front fireing boxes would be louder than down fireing!

Bronze Member
Username: Excursion

Post Number: 29
the seats muffle the bass.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7751
I personally would aim them down but there are many people with front firing boxes that work well.

Also you want LOW PASS filter not high pass. And 150 hz is way too high for a LPF...... 75-100 hz is ideal. Any higher and it will start to sound like the bass is coming from behind you instead of all over. (this is b/c the higher the frequency, the more directional it is)

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_the_axe_murderer

Post Number: 47
DO NOT listen to excursion!! he's just some jackazz who comes here to start sh!t. foward firing subs will be just fine and for the crossover setting you use LOW pass not high.

Silver Member

Post Number: 287
Ok thanks and will kicker be a good setup to use I only have like 5.75 or 6 in mouthing depth and I am not sure about the air space but I do know its small I love jl but don't like the w0 or anything like the w3 but they take a lot....... and is there a noticeably amout of distance on fireing ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 288
Ok well I am going to get the frnt fireing box and just wandering will kicker comp cvr do good not looking to just sake the block but I am more worried about the sq ant suggestions I am going tommorrow to BUY so any help will be great!

Silver Member
Username: Pbplayer05

Carroll, Iowa

Post Number: 691
never heard cvr but the rf's arent bad for the price

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7763
CVRs do well in small sealed boxes, and they're hard to beat for the prices you can get them for on ebay

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2899
CVR> P1,P2,P3

Silver Member

Post Number: 289
ok just one other brand that i was considering was cerwin vega but i am going to just stick with kicker... thaks everyone

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13932
prefer cvr over p2 ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us