American bass DX10 ..vs ..kicker cvr

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 976
ok i have heard some reviews on these being better than the kickers , get louder And have better sq is it true? btw 2 years ago my friend had a pair they werte red and lit up in teh center they sounded liek sh..t . but that was 2 years ago. how much is a pair? wear at can u buy them? i am doing 4 tens so either these or kickers or what else is better for tewh same price?

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 978
there is no way its 250 rms sub . and a heard there amps were good? anyways,\are these subs underrated aloot? cuz what would be louder 4 ten amercan dx10 or kicker cvr tens

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9604
well my brother bought one of those american bass dx 10's and we had it on 300 rms and it was fine....the sub was in aprox. 1.5 cubic feet net stuffed with polyfill making it see about 2 cubic feet net tuned to 39 hz and it looked to be moving all of its rated xmax but this sub didnt seem to be very strong on the low end but we were using alot less port than it should have had so it might have improved with the right port area but I dont think it would have improved as much as it should have....as far as the sound I thought it sounded fairly decent esp. for a $40 sub....im not a huge fan of the sound of the new kicker cvr's

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1677
I've sold and installed quite a few of both the CVR's and DX's.
The DX is a pretty lame woofer in my opinion. Sound quality between the two, I couldn't say, as Sean said, both aren't the best sounding subs haha.
As for output goes, the CVR will dominate the DX while handling more thermal power.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1678
...then again I havent stocked any DX's since last summer, maybe they've changed since then?

Gold Member

Post Number: 9609
yeah compared to the dx 10 we had id agree that the cvr would produce more output

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 452
cvr all day.. jmho

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 193
i would have to go with the cvr on this one.

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 567
both 5uck, whats your price range

Gold Member

Post Number: 9612
I would recommend other choices as well for a daily sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts