Alpine cda 9886 or 9887?

Bronze Member
Username: Kielbasa

Post Number: 17
I'm piecing together a system at the moment and was set on getting an Alpine 9886 for my HU, but I noticed on amazon.com that the next model up, the 9887, is about the same as the MSRP for the 9886. I would assume that since it's a higher model I should just get it, but I read that can't control the treble or bass levels without buying a $250 piece of software, which I'm definitely not doing, so now I'm wondering if I should just stick with the 9886 or if the 9887 sounds better enough or has enough other features that its worth it, or if there's some sort of work-around for the treble and bass thing.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1366
go to onlinecarstereo.com buy from there never amazon for car audio compared to a car audio site. i'm sure on there u will even find higher alpine models for cheaper.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
Thanks for the site, I might check it out for other stuff, but the CDA-9887 is about $70 on amazon.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
$70 cheaper, I meant.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 20
Actually, I'm not sure if you haven't shopped around or whatever, but another HU I was considering, the Pioneer Premier DEH-P790BT is also about $30 cheaper on amazon, so I'm not sure why you would say never to buy from there.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1367
i say it cause amazon gets alot of thier goods 3rd party and it could be beat up bounced aroundand not offer warrenties alot of ppl got screwed over by amazon in it's early days, it might be diff now. also amazon usually has a 20 percent mark up on things.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
The HU I'm looking at getting is $70 cheaper then the site you mentioned, so I'm not concerned about a 20% mark up, and I'm not sure where you're getting that from either, as many electronics have very good prices on amazon, like TV's and home theater receivers. I've bought a ton of stuff on amazon, and the one time I did get a banged up package, I sent the receiver back and they sent a new one and gave me a 10% discount, so again, I have no idea where you're getting this stuff from.

Anyway, if anyone has an opinion on the two HU's I'd still appreciate hearing it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us