Amp is done....i think

Silver Member
Username: Splsq

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 345
ok well i have a question on my amp i think i fried my speaker wire + input on the mono side cause its a 2 channel but im only runnin one sub is there ne way to fix that???

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 189
how do you fry a speaker wire terminal?

I don't think that is the problem with the amp.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 346
idk its wierd like my amp is a 2 channel and im only running 1 sub and my + speaker wire input for it to run in mono doesnt work like if i hook it up into the other + it works but its not hitting as hard...idk what to do

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4066
what amp is it? is it a mono amp or 2 channel amp? and why do you have speaker wire running into it? dont you have rcas?

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 347
its a hifonics and i do have rcas im talking about the wire that goes from the sub to the amp the + input

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4068
so, it has 2 channels. and you have it bridged running one sub? What sub is it? most amps run 4 ohms bridged, so if you sub is dvc4 and its wired to 2 ohms and then bridged, then yes, you most likely have an amp problem.

in future, please post amp brand , model, sub brand, model, vc config. it helps diagones where you messed up quicker.

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 348
its a 15 inch Kicker CVX and yea it was hooked up to run in 2ohms bridged but the amp still works but i have to plug the + into the other + which then only runs it in one of the 2 channels....im jus wondering is it possible to fix???

Silver Member
Username: Explictx

Glen Burnie, Maryland USA

Post Number: 639
your hooking the negative in too right?

Silver Member

Chesterland , Ohio USA

Post Number: 349
yea im hooking the neg in too. its like this theres a + then - then + and - i have my speaker wire hooked up to the first + and that for some reason doesnt work so i hgave it hooked up to the second + and then the - so its not being powered fully
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us