Won My First Competition!!!

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 251
Whats going on guys, today i entered my first competition, it was amazing, i didnt have time to get my ford expedition wired up for my 15" kicker l7. I used my sisters 4 Door Cavi, my 2 12" rockford hx2's in a ported box, and a hifonics bx1608d, wired to 1 ohm, and lots of dynamat in the trunk, i made it to the finals against a guy in an s10 not sure what he had, but his system was goin down the drain he ended up getting 134.9, i finished the drag with a 139.3, nobody could believe a 15 year old kid just won the class 2 finals, haha especially at the award givings lol it was awesome, o and it was a great way to advertise my subs, since i have one kicker l7 , i was thinking on getting 3 more for the expedition and 1 or 2 good sized amps. please leeave feedback and comments, thanks my ecoustic brothers, p.s ANYONE IN THE MICHIGAN OR SOUTHERN ONTARIO AREA GOING TO BATTLE AT THE BORDER IN JULY???

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9581
congrats on the win and in a trunk car too

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7708
Well congrats on the win. Not to sound like an azz, BUT, you didn't have serious competitors if you won with that score.

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 4044
good job.

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 464
ya sounds good man! i hope i can find a comp like that!

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21383
nice work chris. you da man.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3764
nice. :-) you have fun? its a good feeling winning. =)

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3765
congrats man. welcome to competing! not a bad first comp score. m.s. not to sound like an azz but you sound like and azz with your comments

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 871
good job man.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 2165
"congrats man. welcome to competing! not a bad first comp score. m.s. not to sound like an azz but you sound like and azz with your comments" LMFAO PWNAGE

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2157
Good job man!!

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4053
"congrats man. welcome to competing! not a bad first comp score. m.s. not to sound like an azz but you sound like and azz with your comments"

Its because M.S. stands for meat sucker.

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 30
good work Chris!! ( MR. MAC)lol man you my hero owned m.s

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 252
yeah. well it was more of a local daily setup spl, but the old school rockfords got it done, i felt bad for them i was sending them 1600 watts rms all day :-( poor subs lol o and a guy had 1 solo x in his 4 door civic, he hit 145.5 that was the highest score of the day

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7712
Umm yea.... owned by these idiots....... not.

Anyone who competes knows what I said is true. And if you don't compete then you've got no grounds to talk.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7713
I assume he means iasca stock 2. A good system in that class can easily do in the 140s.

Silver Member

Post Number: 874
your the pro!

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 253
yeah well like i said its my first competition, and it was all local daily drivers systems, nothing fancy or expensive

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6010
M.S. STFU.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2852
Congrats Chris keep up the good work bro.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3768
I thought you weren't an spl guy m.s. do you compete?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7716
I have and still do...... but I have always believed: "if it doesn't sound good, it's crap".

Now the SPL system I built sounds pretty good, but then it's not as loud as it COULD be either. Since I can't have the best of both worlds I decided whats the point of even bothering with SPL........ so I'm building another SQ system when I get more $ to put into audio.

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4054
your still an azzhole.

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 254
lmao u guys kill me lol, yeah i cant wait to install those 4 l7's on those 2 kicker zx 2500.1's

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7719
^^^^^^

Thats gonna be a mean SPL system, IF you have the electrical system for it. 2 of those amps are a good way to fry a stock alternator.

But yeah, four L7s in the right box can hit some very high numbers....... will sound like azz though.

Box is key...... get it right and I wouldn't be surprised if that system does a 150. (actually maybe not in a trunk car, but close). Thats all assuming you've got the power those amps need though, as in HO alternator and a few batteries.

" your still an azzhole. "

I call sh!t as I see it and put things bluntly, some people don't like it, tough.

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 255
this is going in a gmc jimmy four 15" l7's

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7721
Then I can see a 150 out of that with the right install.......

HO alternator though, must have..... I have done a TON of work on Blazers, same as a jimmy, and the stock alt in those will barely support 1000w.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2495
i loved the way my l7s sounded ...

good luck on ur future install bro congrats

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 256
thanks mike, yeah im getting a car audio pro to install it lol, he had a RA 12 and hit 144, he does some amazing installs

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7722
Oh god, I can see it now.

Car audio "pro": "HO alt, thats rubbish you don't need that. Ya don't need more batteries either dude. Big 3, wtf is that?"

Unless he really does know what he's doing, but I am always doubtful.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6012
the car audio god speaks... is there any particular reason why you came back?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7725
To piss you off

And came back, damn I was only gone a month.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1849

quote:

Oh god, I can see it now.

Car audio "pro": "HO alt, thats rubbish you don't need that. Ya don't need more batteries either dude. Big 3, wtf is that?"

As a matter of fact, in a SPL burp, HO alt is not important. What is important is battery power. I run 4.4k off my stock alt daily with no problems. But I do have some battery power ;)

quote:

get it right and I wouldn't be surprised if that system does a 150. (actually maybe not in a trunk car, but close)

My trunk car easily does a 150.8. And that is with the sub brand new and using an iPod (I gain 4-5 tenths of a db just by using the headunit)

This is with a SPL/daily setup consisting of Kenetik 2400 and a stock alt.

Would you stop acting like you know everything about SPL? Because you are telling people incorrect information

Upload

Gold Member

Cambodia

Post Number: 4055

Upload

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7728
" As a matter of fact, in a SPL burp, HO alt is not important. What is important is battery power. "

True indeed. But he IS going to need the HO alt if he wants to play that system daily at full blast.

And actually if you want to split hairs, it depends on the class. In classes where you can run the engine it could make a difference.

I guess I have to give ya props on the photoshop skills though.......... that laptop screen looks almost real. But whats with the alpine logo the only alpine equipment I have is a speaker amp..... lol

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2854
I like to party.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1132
The Alpine logo is in reference to how you are always nutriding Alpine head units.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1850
So you're saying an ho alt will make a difference at idle for a 3 second burp?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7729
Yes, and it wouldn't be at "idle" usually. Most organizations have an RPM limit, for example its 2000 rpm in db drag.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1851
"Yes, and it wouldn't be at "idle" usually. Most organizations have an RPM limit, for example its 2000 rpm in db drag."

Ah, In USACI you can't rev your engine. Anyway, the amp disperse rate bu the alt is nothing at all in a 3 second burp. It isn't actually going to be a difference. It all really comes down to your batteries for that 3 seconds.

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1666
MS is such a hater. I swear this kid is jealous or something.

The guy who started this thread was jus looking for a "way ta go" and you bust out with burn. Whats your deal man?
Competitions are dieing, people like you arent helping either.
The noobs need to be encouraged not ridiculed.

Tell ya what, you ever wanna step up then you let me know...why don't you put your money where your mouth is and enter a comp yourself...until then, sthu man...oh wait wait, I'm guessing your going to say "WHEN i get my stuff finished its going to be....bla bla bla" whatever man.

I know you don't have any respect for SPL....in fact you know what?...since you felt like talkin a lil bit'o smack to me lately I'll meet ya in the lanes myself...you name the SQ class and i'll be there...lets see what you got ;)

(thats a friendly call out, after all this aint nothin but stereo's so don't get all cocky keyboard commando on me cuz I called you out)

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2504
zac i can take u son

im doing a wall of 24 ed eqhs 12s in my focus

stock 100 amp alt ..
stock bat
8 gauge wire
lanzar vibe amplifier

lets go

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3771
MS is such a hater. I swear this kid is jealous or something.

The guy who started this thread was jus looking for a "way ta go" and you bust out with burn. Whats your deal man?
Competitions are dieing, people like you arent helping either.
The noobs need to be encouraged not ridiculed.

\

homeboy zac speaks the truth

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4111
Nah Zac, he is just angry because his life sucks. Well said and drummers FTMFW.

And major congrats Chris, you did good. Too bad MS had to turn this into another one of his "I know better than everyone in the world yet just a few years ago I was a punk teenager" threads.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 447
Great job Chris!

What size Solo X was in the civic?

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7731
" why don't you put your money where your mouth is and enter a comp yourself "

Out of the last 3 comps ive recently been to I won my class in 2 and placed 2nd in the other one. Thats SPL. I don't claim to have the best SPL system though, in fact I know theres some others around who could beat it if they showed up. But I don't really care if I win, the only reason I go to the comps is to use the TL and bullsh!t with people.

" you name the SQ class and i'll be there...lets see what you got ;) "

Well for one thing I don't compete in SQ, I have some issues with the way they are judged but thats a discussion for another day.

Even if I did, I know better than to take you on...... I haven't got the time, money, expierence that you have to build a competition vehicle. I have no doubt you can build a better system than me........

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1667
MS,
No doubt, the judging is biased and has flaws I will agree.
Secondly, my intent had nothing to do with winning or beating you in competition.

The point was that if you do compete, there will always be other competitors out there with more money, more experience, better equipment...so what I was in a round about way trying to show you is that when one of us accomplishes something, no matter how important it seems to ourselves, we should acknowledge those accomplishments with praise instead of ridicule.
A win shouldn't be justified by the caliber of competitor you face, a win is a win no mater how ya look at it.

And MS, if and when you win something, most of us on this forum will be right here to congratulate you, so remember that next time you decide to take the wind outta someone else's sails by downgrading them.

L8

Silver Member

Post Number: 878
A+

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17092
"so what I was in a round about way trying to show you is that when one of us accomplishes something, no matter how important it seems to ourselves, we should acknowledge those accomplishments with praise instead of ridicule."

That pretty much sums up how I view parenting.

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 258
Mark Brockman the solo x was an 18, he had 1 kicker zx 2500.1, and a massive kinetik battery , stock alt. and guys i changed my system lineup im getting one more 15" l7, not sure on amp yet, ,but im putting it in a crx si, nice lil car should hit good numbers, and whats up with MS does he want attention or something by taking over a thread?? i unno ,

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7734
Well after reading Zacs last post and looking back, I think I could have worded my first comment better........... what I was thinking was "how did he win stock 2 with a only a 139". Not saying a 139 is bad for that system, in fact its good. But what I was trying to say, there must not have been anyone there with real serious systems (I have been to several comps where that has been the case).

I guess it came off like I was dissing him and/or his system. But I didn't mean for it to.

And I didn't jack this thread, although I guess my comment was what led to it being jacked.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6017
You still are. I was looking for that photoshopped pic when this thread started and i couldn't find it... :/

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 453
that 18" solo x was only seing 1/2 power... lol
just imagine what what it would do w/5000 wrms!
SOLO X FTW!!!
okay... i biased lmao

Silver Member

Windsor, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 259
yeah that would have been crazy they pooched it the day before with one zx 2500
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us