OT: Grand Am Brought Back From Dead!

Gold Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Southern Georgia, GA United States

Post Number: 1821
Today I checked my mailbox, and what was in there? A note saying my box was in. I had ten minutes to make it to the post office. What was in it? An RD 3250.1 from Kevin Holden.

It was better than Christmas. The thing weighs a ton and is built like a tank. The layout is one of the best I've ever seen. Something about it's look demands respect.

The amp runs cool to the touch at full throttle at 1 ohm. I ran it for probably 10 minutes (about all that you can stand) and it was hardly warm, and much cooler than my old Orion 2500D. RD claims 3,500 watts RMS in the manual, but I've been told it's more towards the 3,800 range.

The remote bass knob is a nice addition and comes with the amp. Small and easily mounted. Only down side I see is the power light on it is a BRIGHT blue LED.

Kevin worked with me for months while I searched for an amp. We had to wait until I got back from Iraq to work out credit card issues. He worked with me to get them worked out, and shipped it that day. Customer service is something that's hard to find these days, and I appreciate everything Kevin.

Here's my lineup:
2 12" Eclipse Titaniums ported in 2.8 cube box tuned to 28Hz

RD 3250.1

Zapco 750.1

6.5" MB Quart Q-Series

Alpine CDA 9833 (Soon to be the new Eclipse CD7200 mkII)

Pictures will be posted after I stop shaking :D.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21377
welcome back jake. also yeah that amp is a beast. i had the 1000.1 and saw the 1750.1 so i can imagine how insane the 3250.1 must be. congrats.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9577
two 12 eclipse titaniums im sure that slams on a rd 3250 and yeah they are good amps

Gold Member

Post Number: 1823
Well I decided to push the amp a little harder tonight. No distortion as of yet (worried about the subs not being able to handle the power).

Blew my 250amp fuse that came with my wiring kit. Voltage was steady at 13.9. You do the math :D.

Now I gotta wait for some fuses to get here :-(... RD recommends a 300 so we'll give that a go.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1824
Pictures:
http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/kd7nfr/?action=view&current=zapco.jpg

http://s288.photobucket.com/albums/ll173/kd7nfr/?action=view&current=DSCF0423.jp g

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6282
good to see you back and nice system
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us