CD player = Static

Username: Pyroman8

Warner robins, Ga Usa

Post Number: 1
I have an aftermarket cd player that plays radio just fine. when I play a cd, it plays the first few tracks fine, and then static sets in and progressively gets worse as the tracks increase.
I have already try a cleaning disk with no luck. Any ideas? what can I do to fix this problem?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1355
sounds like 3 things, your lazer reader in the units going and as it heats up and reads it gets weaker and weaker. the lazer is off track due to a heavy hit from say a pot hole. lastly the lazers dusty inside. unless you can open the unit and look at things. time for a new one. or lastly maybe it's engine noise does the noise get louder if u rev the engine?

Warner robins, Ga Usa

Post Number: 2
well, the laser reader's performance doesnt change as the unit heats up, so I will rule that one out for now.

I have ran a cleaning disk in there, so I will also rule out the dusty laser.

but if the laser is off track, how would I know when I opened the unit up? how do I re-align it?

Warner robins, Ga Usa

Post Number: 3
oh, yeah, its not engine noise either. I have hooked it up to a battery and a pair of speakers and it does the same thing

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1356
if the lazers off track and u open in u should see it tilted or it won't be all the way back or forward where the lazy typically rests. the biggest problem is the radio it'self has built in fail safes to prevent this so even if this is the cause in the end u can't correct it. also on the dust ting a cleaning cd might not be able to clean as good as getting in there with some alcohol and a que tip. if the radio wasn't much i'd ditch it if cleaning didn't help or send it to the manufature. btw u did try other cds right? lastly what brand and modle is it?

Warner robins, Ga Usa

Post Number: 4
I have tried different cd's and It helps if the cd doesnt have as many tracks, but that is the only difference. The player itself is just a really good player. It is fairly old, but it has all of the features that I like. It is a Jenson, and its about 6yrs old. I will try to clean the eye to see if that fixes it. Ill ditch it after that,

Thanks for all your help

Gold Member

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1358
just a odd one are u playing mp3 discs or real cds? cause i know that an old cd player i have plays mp3s but they sound like static, if i burned the disc in a cd audio format everything was fine. old players can't read mp3 thats why they sound that way but idk ether way ur lucky to have gotten 6 yrs out of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us