Need some opinions! (also posted in the amplifier forum)

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 15
OK to make a long story kinda short. my brother n law gave me money to get him an amp and now he cant use it but told me I can. so I am looking for sum opinions on subs and if they should be dvc/svc and what ohm's. I have been looking at some subs online and really like the kicker L7 15" and the kicker cvr 12"'s, and can some one give me some info on RE subs? and ((are clarion subs any good?)) the amp's specs are supposed to be. 1 ohm stable (stereo)! It will produce 150 x 2 @ 4 ohms, 300 x 2 @ 2 ohms, and 550 x 2 @ 1 ohm stereo, and over 1000 x 1 @ 2 ohms. Spec. sheet indicates amp draw of over 87 amps into 1 ohm @ only 12 volts. it's supposed to be a custom amp made in 94 by ppi/orion (sorry this is so long)

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 376
what kind of amp is it and whats your budget for subs

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 377
never mind is see what kind of amp sryt on subs you want sq spl or sql

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 17
for subs no more than 400 and i'm open to all opinions and I'm still trying to make up my mind if I want spl or sq. it could go either way. if it help at all this is going in a 96 accord Lx and I will need some trunk space

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 18
bump

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 19
what about re audio se15 or sx12 which do you think that amp handle better?

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 22
still lookin for your thoughts on this guys

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 24
tt

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3904
I just seen you're from Oregon. Me too:-)

I dont know much about that amp, I seen it in the amp section too. Do you have any more info about it? Model?

I would think about doing a 15" Fi Q. Or a 15" AudioQue HDC3. Not sure of the power rating for an RE SX but if it is compatible with the power you have look into that too.

Bronze Member

OR United States

Post Number: 25
no sorry thats the olny info I have, the ebay link is posted in my other thred in the amp forum. it dosent have a modle number that I can find and none of my local audio shops could tell me much about it either. it was bench tested on a coupl of their jbl 12's tho just run off 1 channel for about 10 10 seconds. the guy just said ok it works . I wanted to see it run for a few minuts but they were kind of busy and I still had a couple more amp for the to bench for me so. .
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us