Opinions. Atomic 7k - AB 500.1

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1884
Okay guys I am trying to get as many opinions on this as I can.

I am debating whether to buy one Atomic 7k's versus buying an 500.1 from American Bass.

I will attempt wiring both of these to half ohm @ some point or another.

Therefore, I will be getting 8kish with the Atomic @ .5 ohm versus the 500.1s 6kish @ .5 ohm
However, the fact remains can my charging hold up against the 8k. I know from past my charging currently can mantain 4k easily.

So my dilemma is with the fact I could rewire the Atomic to 2 ohms if the .5 ohm doesnt work out and still get 4.5k-ish.

Or avoid that altogether and just get me my 500.1 that will ive me 6k+ @ .5 ohm

Currently I am leaning towards the 7k - but you guys help me decide!

Thanks 8)

Gold Member

Post Number: 1885
u guys suck.... :[

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4619
Maybe if you post up what your elec system consists of? Polo..

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4620
BTW to give you an idea of what you need the AB 500.1 is the same as the IA 40.1, I am running mine on 16-18V depending on battery state at 1.33 ohm with a Batcap 8400 and two 2200s. This is all charged by a 300A Bosch large pumpkin and external regulator. I'll never have to wory about voltage... Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1827
Get the 7k Andrizzle and adjust the gain as needed to suit your electrical system.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3620
plus just because the atomic does more at .5 ohm doesnt mean u cant still get that and turn down the gain accordingly then back up when u need it...

the atomic is the better choice if you have the money. whats your budget? why not look at stetsom too?

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9857
If this is a daily system, then I would recommend to stay away from Stetsom. Everything I have read about Stetsom is that they are mainly good for being "burp" amps and not too great at being used for daily.

Mind you I haven't played with any of these amps so take that as you will. Do a search on Stetsom on CA.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1886
I can get a stetsom. But like Yanks has said, I would feel more comfortable running Atomic daily than stetsom...

And you guys said exactly my thinking on this subject.

Thanks for the opinions. appreciated

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13884
what the hell u need a 7k amp for ? ...

Gold Member

Post Number: 1887

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3622
well i'll be able to tell you which is better for a daily setup in a few weeks. atomic or stetsom. i'm waiting for my stetsom then ill let you know. i know 4 people who use stetsom daily and all say its ok as long as you keep it ventilated/cool.

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2840
2 MMats 3500.05s... then you dont have to worry about running at .5ohm. You will get a solid 3kw from each amp.

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4621
BTW a DD Z1a is stronger all the way around ... Polo.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7683
You realize there's no way in hell you will get anywhere near 7kw of power without a huge bank of batteries?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1836
"You realize there's no way in hell you will get anywhere near 7kw of power without a huge bank of batteries?"

Cool. I'm sure no one here knew that.

"well i'll be able to tell you which is better for a daily setup in a few weeks. atomic or stetsom."

Stetsom 7ks are bare minimum amps. I don't think they even have any filters on them, only a level. They were made just for burps. If you do get one, keep the input signal down on them (like 1 to 2 volts)

Gold Member

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4623
It isn't just the fact it lacks features, that in its own doesn't make the stetsom a bad daily, just the fact it is only 24" is enough to cause it to overheat. Honestly as long as you stay within the recommended load and proper ventilation is should be fine. Running an amp daily isn't bad, just remember the bigger the amp, the bigger the internals so mounting the amp horizontal (flat) and not on the back of your box will give the amp longer life. As a daily neither amps will produce its rated power nor will the draw be anywhere near it max. Daily you can get away with a couple of large batteries 2200-2400 but for burps I would double that. This is why for a daily I run a 16V system, much less ampere draw with a higher power level plus you don't need to run a super low load to get max power...Polo.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us