Is it my subs? or my amp? =\

Silver Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 109
Well here is a more detailed description of my problem. hope you guys can help me out.

Well, ive had the system about a month or little bit less. I have two Kicker 10" CVTs under the back seat of my 08' Frontier. An MTX TC6004 amp. And a pioneer head unit. Well i bump it alot, usually only pull out certain CD's to get it up there on the beats. Well my head unit goes up to a scale of 40. I had my bass knob from the amp installed below the head unit, and i had it turned up all the way and the volume up to 20. Put in my DJ Billy E CD and played "Beats 4 My Van" was beatin the sh*t up, dash was shakin, etc.. as usual. Then they just "Cut Out"
The regular stereo continued but there is NO bass at ALL. the subs are not on. from what i can see, i have tried disconnecting the +'s and -'s from the box and reconnecting, but nothing happened. Theres no rattling, was no smoke, nothing smelt different, and they arent any stiffer or looser than before, and there is no physical damage that i can see.
I have waited and tried turning the subs on and off from my head unit and got nothing. The amp, HU, and subs are wired to the same battery, but i cant tell if my amp is getting power and i dont have a meter, and i dont have the tools to unscrew everything to look at the wiring in my truck. So i may have to take it to the dealership my dad runs and have the guys look at it.
I also had a guy from where i work at say i may have distorted them, never even heard of someone doing that, maybe cause im more new to alotta stuff. but yeah, opinions and any suggestions/help? =\

Silver Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 111
im pretty sure it has something to do with the amp, but thats just me =\ i think im gonna take my truck in today or tomorrow. considering i cant any other day, i only have tue, wed off D:
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us