Pioneer DEH-P980BT question??

Bronze Member
Username: Tbonez

Post Number: 28
I narrowed my choice of head units down to the Pioneer DEH-P980BT. I have been trying to pick one up on line and no one has them in stock. Is this unit at end of life and if so when do the new Pioneer HU come out?

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1342
here you go, and yes the sites reliable i bought my amp from them. i don't think pioneers coming out with a newer model honestly. but i think the reason ur haveing trouble finding them is thier just really popular and alot of ppl use them in thier setups.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=17088

Username: Astrodanco

Post Number: 1
Until recently I had a Pioneer DEH-P980BT installed in my car. The fan was noisy and the bluetooth functionality never worked very well with my Verizon branded Motorola phones.

I've since replaced the DEH-P980BT with a Kenwood KVT-512 with an add-on Kenwood KCA-BT200 bluetooth unit attached.

I'm much happier!

The fan noise on the KVT-512 is less than that of the DEH-P980BT (though unfortunately still noticable). But the real kicker that makes me so happy is that the bluetooth phone functionality of the KVT-512 & KCA-BT200 combo is FAR superior to that of the DEH-P980BT.

Note that I opted to retain my already installed microphone from the DEH-P980BT to use with the KCA-BT200. I think the microphone supplied with the DEH-P980BT is arguably better than the one supplied with the KCA-BT200.

I also have a Kenwood KNA-G510 navigation unit attached. This add-on unit is well integrated with the touch screens in the Kenwood receiver line. The navigation software is by Garmin and I like it!

Note that Kenwood also has many higher end head units than the KVT-512, which is actually pretty low end, but good enough for me. On their higher end units they have 5V pre-outs and the like, just like the DEH-P980BT has.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us