Comepletly Unrelated But Troublesome

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 178
Hi everyone,

please id rather not get flamed or yelled at for this but i trust you all for alot of electrical advice.

Anyways, i was driving home tonight and switched on my high beams on a dark road. So after i got off the road, i went to switch them off and they refused to turn off all together! i went home, turned off the car, still they persisted and stayed on. i also tried pulling out the fuse and putting it back in but they turned right back on when i did so. What the hell do i do! i removed the fuse for the night so it dosen't kill my battery....

Silver Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 102
well. as long as you dont smoke any crack at this time. everything should be fine. im positive. just hang in there bud. D: lol. i think berny would be with me on this. D:

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1966
The switch is probably shot that controls your lights. I had the same problem with my old car but my lights wouldnt turn on at all.

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 179
alright thanks steinke ill check it out tomorrow morning

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1023
yeah deff sounds like a switch

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1343
switches tend to use 2 sets of contacts if you use high beams alot the tesion spring or coper in the switch it's self, wears, as it wears the switxh gets more and more loose. then it will get to a point where the copper will loose tension or spring all together and it will stay stuck in one position. it is rare though but possible. only other thing is that the switch or your wiring has a short where there stuck on but highly unlikly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us