WTF. help?

Bronze Member
Username: Deanerjr

Post Number: 96
well yeah. everyone remembers me talkin bout those crappy q powers cuttin out. well my 10" Kicker CVT's never do it. just now i was bumpin the sh*t out of a song. and they just turned off. like stopped hitting and everything. well i figured "hey they probably couldnt take it and went into protect like that sh*tty pair before" well i waited a few minutes and turned the subs on and off from the in dash and they still werent playing. well any idea what happened? or do i just have to wait a lil while before they go outta protect? dunno if its the amp or sub not turnin on.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-D615D4 Dia...

Post Number: 349
there should be a protect light on your amp see if its on first, then if not check all your connections being you were bumpin the sh$t out of it to make sure nothing jared lose

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
yeah. i dont think its in protect i cant even find the light =\ and the thing is if its in protect, if you turned off the truck for about ten or fifteen minutes and left it there off. wouldnt it be fine again once you started it back up? cause its not =\

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
yeah, theyre still not cuttin back on. nothing is rattling and the subs dont look like theres anything wrong. they just wont turn back on?

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1677
Is the amp warm or how?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 99
amp seems fine, but im about to look for the manual to see if one of the lights that isnt lighting up is the power light. cause the subs look fine, i had a guy from my job say he thinks i may have distorted them, but they wont even turn on right now.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1440
Did you check all your fuses?

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
havent yet. plan on it. looking at the manual. i dont think my amp is getting power. theres two little lights, and neither is lit. which leads me to think one is the power and its not getting any? lol.

btw, ive got a MTX TC6004.

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1967
Check the fuse on the power wire from the amp. If thats not blown make sure the amp is grounded good.

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 267
ya, if you have a voltage meter on hand go around and check your remote and power wire for current. like steinke said check your ground well meaning no painted surfaces.

Silver Member

Post Number: 103
alright ima have someone check it too just in case lol.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us