Dilemma...

Silver Member
Username: Caraudio

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 808
I got me a brand new Kicker CVR 12" for 50bucks. I have currently a Kicker CVX running off a Fosgate Power Serise t3002 amp pushing a rated 868RMS at 2ohms.

Now I sold my single 12" box.

Im wondering If i should just grab a bassworx box and stick with the CVX and the bassworx box will give me that added bass. Or should I bridge these to bad bois together at 2ohms and see what a divided almost 800RMS or so can do for these two subs.

Will under powering the Kicker CVX be a problem?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 809
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10083291&catid=1 1062&logon=&langid=EN#

or

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000F S10076992&catid=

I listen to alot of Rap Music so if I do choose to go single which of the two sub boxes are a better bet?

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7659
Never buy a prefab box.

www.fishercustoms.com

www.woodlawncabinetry.com

Silver Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 110
First off, never mix subs...that's a no no!!! Second, why don't you just sell the CVR, take that money and build you a box to spec for the CVX and keep that 860ish watts going to it and you should be good to go. The CVX is D4ohm right?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 810
Ummm yepp Its pos-pos and neg-neg straight out into a bridged output from the amp. From what I first learned when I did it.. I think thats how you get it down to 2 Ohms correct?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 811
and what would a box to spec be for da CVX ?

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6255
go t the kicker site and check. i'd probably try somewhere between 2-2.5cuft. at around 35hz.

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 812
would the box that they sell for the Kicker CVX be a pefect match? They sell the CVX in a manufacture kicker pre-fab with the sub in it. Its a dual4 ohm but i dont know why it says "pre-wired" as a 4ohm load because you would get either 2 or 8.. Because there only one set of terminals coming out..? Anyone?

Also im having a hard time finding that box with out the subs anyone have any ideas where to look?

Silver Member

Toronto, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 813
http://cgi.ebay.ca/KICKER-VCVX12-CAR-AUDIO-SUB-BOX-W-12-IN-CVX-SUBWOOFER_W0QQite mZ130223000284QQihZ003QQcategoryZ50568QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_tr ksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

??

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6256
don't buy there prefab box, have one made. it'll be worth it. and the box will always only have one set of terminals coming out, to wire the box to the amp (unless you have multiple subs in a box and have more than one amp, then you'll see more than one terminal on the box). the sub is already prewired for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us