Focal?

Bronze Member
Username: Clawless

Shreveport, La

Post Number: 17
I have just ordered four kicker L7s. I want some good components and coaxils. Ive been looking at focal. what size coaxils fit in 2007 chevy silverado? I want to know some more good components to look into also. Help please!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4090
Punch your cars info into here http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/mycar.aspx?

You didn't give enough info for me to do it for you.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7669
Why the f*uck would you get L7s. Well maybe if you do in fact get good components the system still has a chance of sounding HALF decent.

Username: Ougrad1

Post Number: 2
I bought some focals, 165a component for my new Honda Accord and they sound very harsh. My tweeter today on my passenger side started going out intermittently. I use to have MB Quarts PCE 116 or something like that and they were much clearer and not so muddy. I think I'm taking these back for JL Audio VR series as the sound stage sounds better to me.

Bronze Member
Username: Clawless

Shreveport, La

Post Number: 27
its my f*uckn money! Thats why! You probably dont have shi*t! Just get on here and dream about what maybe one day you can have. So to make yourself feel better bout having nothing you talk bad about what others have!

Username: Blue1ce

Post Number: 6
i bought some Focal 165 A1 comps i ran them off my headunit for awhile they sounded great, i switched running them off a cheap jensen amp and they were really harsh. i got another amp and they sounded amazing at high volumes again. it just depends on what you run them off of.

Username: Andrew213

Post Number: 4
l7's are awesome subs. they can handle anything. they have to be in a good box tho. i had a ported 10" l7 in a silv. reg cab. 2003 and it pounded. way louder than 2 12's. dont listen to stupid people.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1338
craig,
M.S. has a better quality system than you have. hes knowledgeable and although he can come off as an azz, its the truth. L7's are bad build quality and have very little SQ to them.

andrew meredith,
you had a 10" L7 that was louder than 2 12s??? thats the most noob statement ever. yes an L7 will be louder than 2 crappy 12s, however, with any quality of a sub, 2 12s would r@pe an L7

craig and andrew are both n00bs... so STFU, sit back, and listen to people who know what they are talking about (ie. M.S.)

p.s. if you plan on running 4 L7s, you need a HO alt, Batteries, Big 3. i hope you budgeted at least $1000 for all this, idiot

Username: Desmo4usa

Modesto, CA USA

Post Number: 1
I have a pair of Focal 165-K2P in my Honda S2000. Focal insisted that their crossover was the best. I had been previously running a set of QM 216 original MB Quarts pre take over. I had run them passive and active. Active was orders of magnitude better. So when I got the Focals I ran them active as well and they are excellent. Focal was so insistent that I bridged my Phoenix 475 Ti and ran their crossovers. The woofers were overwhelming and the tweeters were absent. The only adjustment in their crossover is to decrease the tweeter output. And since my amp has 4 24db/octave cross overs I am running them active. I had a Boston Pro audio 10.5 LF sub with a Xenon 600.1 amp. With the Focals I no longer need the subwoofer.

Username: Desmo4usa

Modesto, CA USA

Post Number: 2
PS I still have the Phoenix Xenon 600.1. You can put full frequency into it and it has a 24 db/octave band pass filter from subsonic to audible so you can adjust it to any sub woofer. It also comes with a separate bass control. If any one needs it I will give you a very good price.

Silver Member
Username: Johammbass

IRL

Post Number: 769
Upload

Boom, biatches.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us