Isnt this made by tc

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 843
i believe it is and i dont think they know what they have .... somebody chime in...arent they the 3hp motors by tc? nice 10" sub cheap

http://cgi.ebay.com/Lightning-Audio-Legacy-700W-amp-sub-10-subwoofer-pkg_W0QQite mZ120255775895QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item120255775895&

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21214
tc sounds made lightening audio.

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1770
not really sure.. tc sounds only made the "storm" series subs

i kinda doubt its the tc made sub since shipping is so cheap its probably a lower end sub due to weight

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 844
im pretty sure thats the storm ...big surround...the "bolt pattern" in the dust cap....

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_the_axe_murderer

Post Number: 34
i am about 85% sure that is a older bolt series sub that walmart sold a couple of years ago because i installed some for a kid down the steet from me. not very impressive

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1665
I thought Rockford fosgate made/designed Lighning audio products? Some LA subs used tc motors, but not sure if tc actually built the sub.

If I'm wrong please correct me.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1666
Derek, the ones you are thinking of have a HUGE surround, like the eclipse TI's.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3871
It was the "Storm" like derek said. I'm pretty sure it is a 3HP motor and comparable to the TC-3000.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6002
http://cgi.ebay.com/TC-Sounds-made-LA-STORM-likTC3000-tc9-eclipse-titanium_W0QQi temZ250256519974QQihZ015QQcategoryZ64570QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

theres tc sounds lightning subs.

Silver Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 180
that is NOT tc built. that is rf built. tc sounds built the storm series only.

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 386
i believe from what ive heard tc use to make rockford as well as lighting audio

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 6005
the one i posted IS tc.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1354
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/caraudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=11782

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2678

google ppl google

Lightning Audios Award-Winning STORM Subwoofers Now On Sale!
The Rockford Corporation (makers of Rockford Fosgate) announced that its Lightning Audio STORM subwoofer line will undergo a cosmetic change in the coming year. To make room for the new style it's original Award Winning STORM series will be put on sale at almost 70% off of MSRP! Designed to handle BIG power from digital amplifiers and to produce HUGE sound, the ten inch massive excursion subwoofers (X1.10.vc2) are ready to dominate the marketplace and to solidify Lightning Audio's reputation as a major player in the high-end woofer arena. Additionally, the Storm X1.10vc2 was awarded the Innovations 2000 Design and Engineering Award at the CES Show in Las Vegas.

The Storm subs include unique features such as aluminum cones, aluminum voice coil formers and even aluminum voice coil wire which help these speakers stay cool when the big power is applied. The aluminum parts also reduce the weight of the cone assembly, making these speakers faster to respond to rapidly changing musical signals. Despite the ultra light cone, the woofer weighs in at over 40 POUNDS! Most of which can be attributed to the giant magnet, and equally impressive vented pole piece.

Lightning Audio has also optimized the Dual 2 Ohm voice coil impedance to get the most out of the recently popular high efficiency digital amplifiers, as well as traditional Class A/B 2-channel amps.

On top of the ultra light aluminum parts used in the voice coil and cone, Lightnings Storm woofer line utilizes computer optimized, High Force Motor Geometry. This big bad motor assembly has a unique geometry built out of all precision machined steel parts that can propel the aluminum cone over three inches peak to peak. The result is a lightning fast, big SPL woofer that also sounds great!

"The Storm woofers possess the look and performance that demanding Lightning Audio consumers have grown to expect out of the Storm line of products," explains Mark Bruno, Lightning Audio sales manager. "This product will establish Lightning Audio as one of the industry leaders in high performance car audio."

According to Bill Jackson, managing director for Lightning Audio, "Our customers have come to expect that Lightning Audio pushes the edge in audio. Now we have taken the next step by pushing the edge in the woofer business with our bad boy Storm high performance woofer models that will be sure to turn heads."

Features:
Size: 10 inch

Rec. Sealed Box Dims: 0.30 - 0.60 cu.ft.

Rec. Ported Box Dims: 1.50 cu.ft.

Bandpass Boxes: Not recommended

Sensitivity: 83.6 dB

Frequency Response: n/a

Peak Power Handling: 3000W

Recommended RMS Power: 1000W

Impedance: dual 2 ohms

MSRP: $500

Silver Member
Username: Visitor

Middleofnowhere, Minnesota USA

Post Number: 183
"i believe from what ive heard tc use to make rockford as well as lighting audio"

ONLY the team rf. and only until they went to cactus sounds:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us