Steve Meade is an idiot

Gold Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1651
Ok, not stupid, but an idiot.
Don't get me wrong, I along with any other person with a lick of sense respect his abilities and recognize his accomplishment with his builds.....but that however has nothing to do with him being an IDIOT!!!

He needs somebody to smack a dose of reality across his brain.
I'm absolutely appalled when he lets people listen to his stereo.
In fact he should be down right ashamed of himself.
I won't be surprised when he's sued by someone.

I'm not sure everybody reading this knows how loud 160+ is but for those who do and have experienced it know d@mn well that you need to plug your ears!!!
This Steve guy pizzes me off. He thinks its funny to have unsuspecting people get in his truck and then play the system.

It only takes one person's ear hammer to detach or some other sort of permanent hearing damage to occur and then it'll be to late .
He's smart enough and old enough to know better, and because he does this on a consistent basis, I'm callin him an idiot.
Honestly, for his sake, I hope he figures out how irresponsible he's being. I'm sure he's a great guy, he does a lot for the sport and industry, and I have much love for'em, but d@mn, MAKE YOUR PASSENGERS WEAR HEARING PROTECTION!!!!

Hopefully he figures this out before he hurts someone with that badazz ride of his.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 840
Dont know him personally i like watching his builds and those vids ur talkin about i also understand where your coming from too zac but if he wants to risk gettin sued over a minute of video then let him dig his own grave

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21213
i am sure he doesn't turn it up to full potential when there are people in his car. i doubt he lets people sit in there when he is hitting 160.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17005
Maybe he should develop a waiver.

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 841
x2 and the glass eye video

supposedly her glass eye fell out because the system was so loud and she wasnt even in the vehicle....so he doesnt turn it to 160 or is the eye ball video just bullshit?

Gold Member
Username: Thumpinwith8s

2 RE8s,PG Xenon 400.1, 135.5dbs!!!!

Post Number: 1110
just my 2 cents....I would imagine that most of the people who he lets listen to his system KNOW that it is going to be loud. So they're not "unsuspecting" people.

Though I agree that hearing protection is a good idea,I've noticed at the few competitions I've gone to, almost nobody wears hearing protection. No idea as to why.

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1653
I like watchin his builds vids too.

Yeah, theres a couple vids of him playing 160db and he doesnt even tell the guy sitting inside to plug his ears or anythin, very stupid and bs. If that was your brother sister or dad or son or daughter or whatever that had no clue how loud it was going to be and he damaged their hearing I'm sure you'd have somethin to say to him.
It's not just his liability but the safety of others that he's compromising.
He should be more responsible with a system that big.

I tell people to plug their ears in everything I play for them and let them determine whether or not its to loud for them.
I'm not trying to disrespect the guy but maybe a wake up call, I posted a similar comment on one of his vids in youtube.

But yeah, that truck is nasty :D

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8208
I thought his truck only did 157s

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8209
Oh and Zac, I tried calling you.

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 147
i'm going to have to agree with you zac. the reason being i was watching a video the other day with like a 12 year old kid sitting in the front seat of his suv lol.

In most SPL competitions they require ear protection for anyone sitting in a car over 150 db's. so basically they are saying 150 db's or more can do some real damage.

a 12 year old kid may think a system is loud, but he really doesn't have any idea what he is getting himself into. adults are one thing, but doing that to little kids seems like a lawsuit in the making lol.

on the other hand it would be hard to prove there was any hearing loss from sitting in a system just for a brief period of time. it's usually the prolonged listening to music at high volumes that hurts your ears the most.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17012
Then what about the brain hemorrhaging lol?

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 148
hahahaha....i think there might be more than one idiot in this line of work.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9844
http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=23212&pid=346162&st=0 &#entry346162

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1123
Yea Zac's taking alot of heat for this but he does have a point.

Little do the steavemeadedesigns guys know Zac has done is it 167.Xdb?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13871
i agree with ur point - he shouldnt be so carefree about letting ppl hear it that up close

IMO anything mid 140s is quite LOOOOOOOOUDDDDDDD so near to 150 & over is just asking for trouble ...

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1045
i wish i knew what mid 40s or even 150 sounded like lol. i got the loudest system out of anyone i know, which is kinda sad...

Silver Member
Username: Mark872

2 Type X 12s, Hughes S..., Texas

Post Number: 295
wow...so many f@gs riding his c0ck over there.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1047
well it is the steve meade website lol im pretty sure they think very highly of him.

i think hes a talented person who has a passion for car audio and it shows in every one of his builds. but to the OP, the people who step into his car usually know who he is in car audio and they run their own risk of getting into the car and saying "i wanna hear what LOUD is..." and i highly doubt he plays it at full tilt with newbs in there

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3599
if anyone's a member over there you should post zac's score and show up all those brainwashed posters.

the cisco kid

Silver Member
Username: Shade

Moxee, Wa U.S.

Post Number: 661
i'm sure he does not play music at 160...probably only burps 160's...and most of the people know that his tahoe is loud...

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9845
"I'm a regular on ecoustics and yea our forum does look like sh1t. No denying that. But just an fyi for those who don't know who Zac Davis is (the person who called Steve Meade an idiot), is a world record holder (I think) and used/might still do high 160's. I'm sure Steve knows who Zac is. So for those of you who were calling Zac Davis a retard with P1's, well, he's far from an idiot. As for taking sides on this argument, I'm not getting into it cause I have nothing t gain from it. I have the ultimate respect for Steve Meade and all of his builds and have the ultimate respect for Zac Davis and everything he does. I just wanted to shed some light on who Zac was. Hell, I would love to hear Meade's system if I'm ever in Cali. "

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7657
Maybe you don't take sides Yanks, but I'm taking Meade's. The people he shows off the system to are usually at car audio comps / meets so they know what they could be getting into.

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1654
Hey thanks Yanks;)

Haha I tried registering on Steve's forum but I can't post yet.
I've mentioned the liability he's put on himself on a few of his vids but had no response.

Obviously the guy isnt truly an idiot, but calling him an idiot I knew would get his attention, and thankfully it did.
Hey, don't get me wrong, I like this guy.

Beyond him getting sued or whatever, more importantly, i'm sure he'd feel really bad if he hurt somebody, and that was my point here guys.
I have a guy come in once in awhile that has had a constant ring in his right ear for over a year now that sat in my car.
I feel like a complete jerk for that and I don't want Steve to do the same thing, or worse. I won't burp my system unless a person plugs their ears, some roll their eyes like give'em a break, i don't care, I still will not play it until they cover their ears. If they wanna unplug'em after they feel how loud it is thats their problem.

If his forum members wanna call me names cool, i don't care. I'm not in it for a popularity contest, my intentions are to get Steve to use his nogin from now on and make people use hearing protection or plug their ears, hopefully it worked.

(As for the things that could happen from one single burp....rupture of the tympanic membrane, hemorrhagic and purulent effusions of the middle ear and mastoid air cells, rupture of the Reissner membrane, degeneration of the stria vascularis and organ of Corti, edema of the intracanalicular portion of the facial nerve, microfractures of the otic capsule, and inner ear hemorrhage.
Most of these findings were studied from the acoustic affects of lightning strikes.
There has been little research on extreme decibel affects from car audio systems.
Acoustically the sound pressure level is equally devastating.)

Bronze Member
Username: Hondaracing

United States

Post Number: 19
wow you a doctor....meades builds are amazing and nothing short of that...but the people who get in usaully know that its loud...you enter at your own risk

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1656
No Cody, they don't.
Most people "think" they know what a loud system is and "think" they know what they're getting into....but news for ya, Steve's truck is probably louder than any system most of these people have EVER heard, and for that reason, he should make them use hearing protection or plug their ears because they havent got a clue what 160+db is.

Bronze Member
Username: Meade916

Post Number: 26
zac im not mad at you....from the outside looking in it probably does look bad on my part but i responded on my own thread with my take on the situation. There is hearing protection in my truck 90% of the time (ive left em at home a few times) and most people decline. Some do use it though (as seen in my vids) I usually let the truly unsuspecting handle the bass knob themselves also. Maybe i could double double check to make sure they want the protection though because this could possibly be a case of me being totally used to my system and forgetting just how loud it really is. My 'Hoe only does 57's and 58's not 60's......Chickens Caddy does the 59s and 60's ;) when that thing is finished and his hitting the shows, i will make sure they start out with the muffs on for sure. 2-3db louder then my Hoe is NO JOKE so ill do more with that for the people. The few who HAVE already been got have been close family and friends, one of which (sister in law) only stood by the door. That will startle you but it wont hurt you really (unless you hit your head on something tryin to get away) :-) The other couple of "victims" were my boys who have known me and what i do for 20 years.....oh i gottem', but they'll be iiiight :D

Gold Member

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 1657

I knew were good sh!t, thanks for the clarification.
we'll have to meet up at a show n buy eachother a few shots.

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 837
zac davis, me and stavenmist were talkin about maybe coming down to your shop for a visit sometime in the summer, if that's alright. and also, do you have a termlab?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 27
Zac i noticed you said you tried to join the forum but couldnt yet...i have 10 bots for every one REAL person who tries to join so i have to manually validate...sometimes legit email addys get deleted if they dont look real :D Spam bots FTL man....if you cant get in try again!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 28
scratch that last post, i saw your name, your in.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21220
"zac davis, me and stavenmist were talkin about maybe coming down to your shop for a visit sometime in the summer, if that's alright. and also, do you have a termlab?"

i am sure he doesn't mind as long as you buy something

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 414
i always thought he made them sign a waver before they got in.. but idk.

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21223
steve i've sat in christian's integra when he had 2 mt 15s and it was loud as hell. he told me yours was way way way louder so i am dying to hear. but 7 hour drive to hurt my ears is just too hard. lol

Gold Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 1003
y do ppl got to talk bad about other ppl

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2822
Meade your whip is sick. Not a huge SPL fan but nice work.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us