Just when I thought it could not get any worse...

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1810
"Louisiana Law increases noise penalties"
http://bastrop.townnews.com/articles/2008/06/07/news/news21.txt

And just in case the link doesn't work:

Lovers of peace and quiet have cause to celebrate as District 14 State Representative Sam Little's bill increasing penalties for unnecessary noise has been signed into law.

Excessive, pointless, headache-inducing noise from stereos in vehicles and homes has been a hot topic in Morehouse Parish and elsewhere.

"A lot of people have been disturbed by it," Little said of the boom-box trend. "Even in rural areas, it has become a problem."

Little is the primary author, together with State Representative Barbara Norton and State Senator Mike Walsworth, of House Bill No. 1123, introduced to the legislature in April.

Having passed the House and Senate, the bill was signed into law as Act No. 94 by Governor Bobby Jindal on Thursday.

The law amends state revised statute 14:103© relative to "emanation of excessive sound or noise," increasing the fine for the first offense from $100 to $200, and from $200 to $300 for the second or subsequent offenses.

"I'm glad it passed," said Little. "I hope it helps our communities."

The new law will take effect August 15.

Little said he is optimistic that his second piece of legislation, House Bill No. 258, will also become law.

The bill would prohibit the closure of any railroad crossing when said closure would deny passage by any person who had peaceful and uninterrupted use or possession across a railroad grade crossing that traverses a private road for a period of 30 years.

"It's back on the House floor," said Little. "The senators wanted to make it retroactive, to open crossings that had been closed. I expect it to get passed."

As the 2008 Regular Legislative Session winds to its final adjournment this month, Little said he and his wife have enjoyed the experience.

"I'm honored to be able to do this," said Little. "A lot of my constituents have contacted me, and that's good, because it shows people are aware and engaged in the process."

This state is becoming worried about all the wrong things.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1353
"hot topic in Morehouse Parish and elsewhere."
sorry if this sounds wrong but this is why state and church don't go together

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3861
I believe parish's in Louisiana are districts or counties. I'm not 100% sure though.

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1811
"I believe parish's in lousiana are like districts or countys. I'm not 100% sure though."

Correct Jesse. A Parish is the same thing as a county. Ours is just French :-)

Silver Member
Username: Kingandsons07

Lincoln, NE TEAM RD U.S.A

Post Number: 993
wow lol

Silver Member
Username: Kravenblood

That one, Ohio

Post Number: 416
thats nothing i don't know what our fines are but after 3rd ticket your gear gets pulled right there on the side of the road and they take it
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us