In search for a new battery

Silver Member
Username: Quirky

SA, Texas

Post Number: 262
My battery is on its last leg with all the abuse I give it so its about time to get a new one. I'm only pushing about 1000-1200 rms so I want to avoid having to put in a HO alt if this can be done bc i dont have another 400 to spend. I'm shooting to spend 200 or less. Can this be done?

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1804
Yes it can. Look into a Powermaster or kinetik for the size you need.

A good place to start is www.summitracing.com
They deal Odyssey and Powermaster.

Ebay has alot of kinetik batteries listed.
http://www.kinetikaudio.com/default.asp

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 263
Thanks nick. That helps a lot

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 264
would it be wiser to replace my battery or to keep it and add a battery to the back near the amp?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9489
if you were draining your previous battery your going to do the same to the next one....it will just take longer than your stock battery did....h.o. alt would be my choice

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1807
For 1000-1200rms Sean?
I doubt he was giving it that much abuse. Maybe the stock battery just got old.

Would be my choice to just get another batt and watch your voltage. Then go from there.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9490
"For 1000-1200rms Sean?
I doubt he was giving it that much abuse. Maybe the stock battery just got old."

Thats true but it also depends what size alt he has in his vehicle

what vehicle do you have Ben

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1808
Yeah, I just think the best starting place would be a battery. He said he needs a new one anyway, so go with it first and see how it goes.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9491
"Yeah, I just think the best starting place would be a battery. He said he needs a new one anyway, so go with it first and see how it goes."

yeah he does need a new one no getting around that but id still like to know what vehicle he has and see if his alt is the reason the battery is getting weak....1000 watts to 1200 watts might not seem like much to most but we are talking a potential of 100 to 120 amp draw without adding in the cars basic electrical needs

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 265
I have a 96 Landcruiser but I do not know how much the alt puts out. My battery has not died yet but on multiple burps it drops down to the half way mark on my gage and the lights dim bad.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9495
http://www.1aauto.com/1A/alternator/Toyota/LandCruiser/1AEAL00329/610706

according to what I found here its a 80 amp alt

"1993-97 Toyota Land Cruiser Alternator 80 Amp for 4.5L (1FZFE) engine"

well with that kind of power on burps your going to have a lot of voltage drop even at 2000 rpm....100-120 amp potential like I said and thats not including the vehicles basic electrical needs....and the alts output is probably a good bit less at idle and that wouldnt make for alot of power for daily if you were cranking the music with alot of bass

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 165
bieeeennnnnn

i need a new battery too.

to help you out he's running an elemental designs 900.1 on a 15" fi q. your voltage drop is way worse than mine.

i think moms gonna get me a red top tomorrow hopefully since when she gave me the car the bat is getting kinda old. call me and let me know what you plan on getting

Silver Member

SA, Texas

Post Number: 266
hmm, so maybe I should be saving up for a new alt instead of battery? What is a good buy for an alt that will suit my situation. Keep in mind I would like to keep the price as low as possible

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 168
thanks for completely ignoring my post.

get an iraggi 200A and an optima and you'll be set

oh i got a job at discount tire =)

Gold Member

Post Number: 9502
well even with 900 rms your still drawing up to a potential of 90 amps so its still going to pull on your electrical....and thats not including any other amps you might have in terms of daily system effects....not including the other factors I mentioned....get a h.o. alternator that has very good idle amperage and an upgraded battery and youll be set
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us