Two Questions...One Thread!!!

Silver Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 105
Ha Ha! First Question... I just bought a set of these comps: (scroll down a lil on the page)

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2792118

just wondering when they say 4ohms, are they referring to both Midbass and Tweets?

2nd Question: I will be powering these with a Kicker KX200.2, soooo, how exactly should I wire these?

Thanks ahead of time.

Oh yea, actually there is a third question, hehe...What exactly is the difference in passive and active setups with components, thanks again!

Silver Member
Username: Dynamik

Post Number: 107
any help will help... thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 139
[*]120 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms in bridged mode

That's the power you will get. you will wire each of the bridged channels to a crossover, which will have speaker wires going to both the tweeter and the mid.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 140
oops...just noticed the amp in the link you dont have. the 200.2 you will just wire each crossover to one of the channels. it will give you 70rms per channel.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4039
2nd Question: I will be powering these with a Kicker KX200.2, soooo, how exactly should I wire these?

The crossovers have an an input, wire that connection direct to the amp. Crossover says mid and tweeter. Wire the mid to the mid, and tweeter to the tweeter.

Oh yea, actually there is a third question, hehe...What exactly is the difference in passive and active setups with components, thanks again!

With passive, the crossover points are already set and some crossovers have the option or raising or lowering the db slope. Also requires no external power source and it comes after the amp.

With active, you can change your crossover settings, db slope, etc. Requires an external power source and it goes before the amp. This would require you to have a 4 channel amplifier. 2 channels for the mids, and the other 2 channels for the tweeters.

check out
www.bcae1.com

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 143
thanks for going into detail for me berny

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4041
no problemo