Did my amp die? Wut

Username: Cozce

Post Number: 7
2000 watt Lanzar(shitty i know). It works, but only for low power, once i turn the headunit (pioneer) up to about 25, it goes into protect. It was working good, then a few days ago it just basically took a $hit on me and doesnt wanna give.

Help?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8189
You more than likely over-heated it. It's most likely broken.

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1718
I can only think that it might be the ground or you have it wired to an unstable ohm load....other may have more ideas

Try moving the ground elsewhere and make sure it has a good solid contact point. What subs do you have and how are they wired to tha amp?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8190
"Try moving the ground elsewhere and make sure it has a good solid contact point. What subs do you have and how are they wired to tha amp?"

This would make sense if he initially had a problem with the amplifier. He said it's no longer giving so I don't think a ground is the cause of the problem here.

Post Number: 8
It's giving power, but not very much.

Post Number: 9
I checked under the hood, and the fuse connection was melted on one side...2nd time this has happened. I bought a new one and replaced it, and it is still giving low power to the sub. (1-sub hooked up, shitty Audiobahn AW1200V)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us