2ohm vs 4ohm

Bronze Member
Username: Clawless

Shreveport, La

Post Number: 16
ive never ordered online and im tryn to make sure to get the right ohm sub and the right amp.i am ordering 4 kicker l7s. two kicker 1500x1. ok should i go with single 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm? i have no idea!help!

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9462
what size l7's are you getting (curious) and what vehicle is this going in....your also going to need an upgraded electrical system to support them

Silver Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 134
either way you will be wiring 2 a final load of 2 ohms.

Username: Kielbasa

Post Number: 9
I've been wondering the difference between the same subs with different ohms. I'm really new to car audio, so to me it seems everyone should get the 2 ohm versions since most amps seem to deliver more power at 2 ohms, but I'm not sure if 4 ohms has some sort of advantage or what.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 135
a dual 4 ohm sub can be wired to a final load of 2 ohms or 8 ohms. a single 2 ohm subs can be wired to only 2 ohms. either way both subs will wire to the same ohm load. Manufacturers just offer subs in different ohm loads to help people match them better with the amps they have. there will be no difference in the subs performance though based on the vc configuration. like a 2 ohm sub wont have better sq than a 4 ohm sub.

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

LowDownForum.com

Post Number: 3845
Either way, S2 or D4, the two subs to each amp will wire to 1 or 4 ohm per amp. Those amps are 2ohm stable. You need D2 subs to run 2 subs to each amp. Unless you dont want the full potential out of them and you want to wire your subs to a 4ohm impedance.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7650
1) what naledge said, those subs are the wrong impendace for those amps.

2) kicker L7s suck, don't buy those. Kicker amps are good though.

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1033
kicker = nice amps, not so nice subs.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8193
Although it's been said that L7s suck here in this thread, don't listen entirely to that. There have been plenty of people that have run them for a long time without any issues. As long as you don't abuse them and take care of them they'll do just fine. They've also dominated in the SPL lanes plenty of times. Other than supposedly lacking sound quality and build quality they're fine. I've seen people run L7s and L5s for years without them blowing. The problem is all the noobs run them and give them a bad reputation because they blow the subs due to poor install and adjustments, not to mention the abuse they put them through all day through clipping and over heating because they have no idea what that is anyhow...

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 136
exactly my thoughts as well rob. their highly negative reputation on here isn't completely deserved.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8194
I always find it funny how people bash the kicker squared subs. They're fine as long as you feed them rated power, when you over-power them well...they blow up. I guess Kicker should be sorry their subs don't handle more than RATED power or withstand sh1t tons of clipping. I'm seriously considering running a pair of 10'' or a 12'' L7 just to shut people the hell up on this forum about L7s sucking when I post up a number better than any of their street A setups. Would it be a far± box? Sure but would it be louder and serve it's purpose hell yea! Let's not forget sound quality is opinion based. What sounds like azz to me may sound great to someone else.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3656
L7's are Dual 2ohm or Dual 4ohm.

So you would get a pair of Dual 2ohm per ZX1500.1

Do you have the charging for 3000+RMS you need ower to make power.

Do you know what you are getting into?

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13865
i prefer to do 1 big amp than 2 smallers 1s - less space, less wiring & possibly less current draw too ...

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 435
"ok should i go with single 2 ohm or dual 4 ohm?"

they only come in Dual 2 or 4 ohm as far as i know.. go with dual 2 for the 2 ohm stable amps that you picked(as previously advised).. good luck... will be loud..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us