JL W3 good for some rock and some bumpin'?

Username: Kielbasa

Post Number: 8
I'm trying to put together a decent speaker system at the moment, and while it may be awhile before I add in subs, I'd like to start researching what I want now.

I mainly listen to rock/ punk, but I do occasionally listen to some music where it'd be fun to have subs that hit pretty hard. If I had to choose I'd prefer awesome sound quality, but it seems that JL subs are decent at both? I've read that 10" is the size of choice for people who listen to rock, and I know I'll want a sealed box, but I just thought I'd get some opinions on to whether there's anything else I should be looking at or if I could get away with a bigger size or what amps I should be looking at.

Right now I'm thinking I might want thishttp://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?o=v&showAll=N&g=500&i=136S 210R33&search=jl+w3&tp=13 with a JL 1000/1 amp, but I'm not how that would sound compared to a single 12" or even to two 12s.

I guess this won't help at all if no one here listens to the same music as me, but to get really specific about what I want, I would want subs that can very clearly play the opening notes of the Tiger Army song "Annabell Lee" accurately without sounding boomy or distorted or resonating, but it would be cool if they could hit hard in something like "Northern Whale" by The Good, the Bad, and the Queen
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us