New head unit

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 33
I recently got another car(2001 chevy cavalier) and want to put a head unit in it. I was looking on some sites and picked out one
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18055

Is this a good Head Unit? Im probably going to add 1/2 12's and new speakers(no amps for them) and that will be it. It also needs to be ipod ready or have an Aux input.
Also This would be my first HU install so I dont know exactly what else i need to install it.

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1338
since your looking to no use amps that headunits weak in power. it's only 14 rms, this one has all ur ipod even bluetooth to make phone calls and nearly double the power the apline has. also this has mp3 and wma format compatability.

i have also shopped on online car stereo and they been a really nice place to buy from.

for install you can ether wire it in yourself or use a metra harness you can find through google prob crutchfield.com or a local car audio place even best buy or circuit city sells them. with a metra harness you can literally just plug it in.

if ur dash has a big old radio in it you will need a dash kit thar screws in place.

the radio is a pioneer premier found here.

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18869

Bronze Member
Username: Vivi2000

Post Number: 51
I was actually looking at that same one before, but the alpine was a few bucks cheaper. But after getting the cable for an ipod they are about the same price. so all I do to install it is remove the old stereo, install the mount and plug the adapter into the old wiring and into the back of the new stereo right?
Thanks for the help

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1340
yep yep
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us