Kicker L5

Username: Jakez07

Marana,United States

Post Number: 9
Im looking to get two 12 inch kicker 08 L5's. They are actually within my budget ha. Anyways, i see theres a 2 ohm version and a 4 ohm version. Which should i get? Im tryin to spend least amount of money. And a good amp for them, that isnt exspensive? thankss.

Username: Bman365

Post Number: 3
With two of the 2ohm subs you can make them run 2ohm mono or 4ohm bridged. Two of the 4ohm subs you can make them run 1ohm mono.

Gold Member
Username: Rideredder

Cornell, IL USA

Post Number: 1431
What is your budget?

Is Kicker all that you have looked at? You can get better equipment for cheaper than those L5's are.

Ohm wise, it all depends on what you want to run the sub(s) at. If you want two subs, you could get the dual 4 ohm and run them at 1 ohm, or the dual 2 ohm and run them at 2 ohms. All depends on the amp.

Also, it depends on your cars charging system. What car do you drive and what size is the stock alternator?

Marana,United States

Post Number: 10
What would be better and cheaper?
i got a 84 mazda protege

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7626
The square subs blow. IDK about cheaper but theres plenty better. Whats the budget here.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6234
if just going for cheap spl, then they are good. but if wanting better sq/lowend you can definately do better.

also, to let you know, l5s' can be bought for $150 shipped each (12") bnib from online dealers. though it's the '06 model, from everything i've read about them and the new ones is you wont notice any difference at all.

Bronze Member

Marana,United States

Post Number: 11
Well then
What would you guys suggest around same price but better?
id say for subs i got like 350$

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3652
2 RE SE 12"

or

2 AQ SDC2.5 12"

on a AudioQue AQ1200D

Bronze Member

Marana,United States

Post Number: 12
any other ones??

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7636
I'd get the REs, they should be almost as loud, sound a lot better, and have a little better low end.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21178
kicker L5 Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us