Alpine type x question

Bronze Member
Username: Jt212

Post Number: 41
my friend wants one 12 running off a Alpine MRP-M1000 and i told him about a fi Q but he was also asking about a alpine type x. i have never heard the sub before but they would both of in a small 1.20cu foot sealed box. i thought ecoustics might help me and him out so the question is which sub would be the loudest with this install? thanks

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9803
The type x likes a small sealed box. I can't speak for the Q though. Someone else will answer that.

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1391
The Q from the setups I've heard and people I've talked to will do fine in the same box, but might do better in a slightly larger one if you're looking for some lows.
I'd take the Q hands down- for output and sq. I guess if you're running it at 2 ohms it wont matter, but the type-x is only available in dual 4 ohm coils iirc. Don't get me wrong, the type-x sounds great sealed, but on the spl side it's lacking imo. It's really not meant for spl though, so I guess it serves its purpose.

I have a type-x I might sell, but I'll tell you up front I'd be buying a Q with the money from it.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
thanks for the imput, ill lookinto both types some more i think he is looking for sql because he wantsit to be loud and sound good.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
if any one has a idea on an amp that would work with the type x instead fo the pdx1.1000 because it is a little out of the price range that would help, thinking about the Alpine MRP-M1000 but im not to certain on how the ohm work so i need some help thanks.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21145
kicker zx1000.1 would work nice with that type x. you can find some at low prices on ebay.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
ok so when i am ording the Q i should get it in dual 1 in order to wire it in a 2 ohm load and that will give me the full 1000wrms from the amp. does this sound right

Gold Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 1394
Yeah, the MRP1000 wouldn't work. I have my wifes on a hifonics 2006d.

If you buy the type-x, it's cheaper but the amp to power it will cost more. A Q will be a bit more, but there are many more amps that will do good power at 1 ohm. Just my thoughts on it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us