F-150 question

Username: Roostercall

Marietta, Georgia United States

Post Number: 2
I don't know much about sound systems but I have a 2007 Super Crew F-150 and I know that I can only fit about two tens under the backseat of my truck with a custom box, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I could fit larger subs under the seat or somewhere else without compromising seat space or leg room. And I was also wondering what kind of subs and amp I should get on kind of a tight budget, but I still want to get something that isn't going to be cheap and or explode. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 681
Having built quite few enclosure's for this type of truck your pretty much SOL on the deal. There ain't sh!t for space unless you willing to raise the seats.

Most Silverado owner's understand this and their willing to raise their seats a couple of inches to gain space for what they want.

That's just the way it is.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7619
You think you could post the same thread in any more sections?

Post Number: 5
I posted it in two section and only because it had to do with both! I'm just looking for some help and you making pointless comments is a lot less helpful than me posting two threads to try and get help! But if you'd like you could help me out with my question and suggest what kind of subs and amp i might want to purchase Thanks for all your help

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_coleman

Post Number: 30
Zane you can fit 2 12's in your ford. I have 2 alpha 12's in mine and it sounds really good with no lost space.

Silver Member

Post Number: 682
OK, you pretty much resided yourself to not wanting to raise the seats, therefore given the height under the seats your going to have to go searching for subwoofers that are going to fit within that height minus the clearance you'll need if your intentions are to fire the subs down.

So, considering that at most you need at the least a clearance of 1 1/2" off the floor, your left with about 5 1/2" to 6 1/2" of height ( depending on what you got under your seats.)

Subtract from that material thickness and clearance for the subwoofers pole vent hole ( if it has one ), you need a subwoofer with a mounting depth of 4" - 4 1/2" max.

And don't even consider the option of asking if you can do ported enclosure unless you willing to raise the seats.

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5194
either or do a center console.. you would have a lot of options then.. just more expensive to build or have built

Silver Member

Post Number: 683
SH!T, I would like to see two 12's under the rear seat of the truck and no seat raise. Pic's of said enclosure.

Bronze Member
Username: Kenny_coleman

Post Number: 31
SH!T never said I didn't do a seat raise you lose very little space on 2.5 inches. Matter of fact the seats are more comfortable now.

Post Number: 8
Well the lifts for the backseat that I have seen are around $150 and that would take away from the budget that I had toward the amp and subs so I didn't know if that was the best way to go
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us