Polol i need your help

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 952
so for my b-day my g/f is going ot buy me 2 ten kicker cvr for 140 shipped. but ok and my grandma is buying me 2 more. ok i need to know can i fit a 5 cu ft box in the prix? cuz the minimum is 1.25 cu ft for ported for one sub but i added it up it comes to 5 cu ft can i fit thaT or not?

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 96
you cant really answer this question. i have seen people fit 5 cubic foot boxes in cars that size before, but usually the limiting factor is the size of the opening of the trunk, or the size of the opening from the cabin to the trunk. without knowing dimensions of the box it will be hard for people to let you know if it will fit.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 954
yea i know its 17 inches high maxx! but not the opening i am not sure what it is. hey polo can ya find out or do u know? i dont have my car right now its down in illinois

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2802
Dont forget speaker and port displacement...:-)

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1635
More than likely you will need to assemble the box inside the trunk, or go sealed. You can also go from the inside but I'm not sure how much you would gain unless you cut/removed part of the deck, polo can go into detail with this lol.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4586
Depends on how much work your willing to do. You can fit a 5ft easily but you will need subs up and port back. Max width between strut towers is 36" and 17 on the height. Polo.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 960
what do u mean how much u would gain unless i removed the deck? gain what? and polo i am willing to do whatever it takes to fit em in there. and that was my plan sub up. but how would i do port back when my seats do not fold down at all or teh center thing. maybe i can cut the seat and the frame thingy the seat is on liek u can see its metal. but yea maybe i will do that. but umm, otherwise i couldnt do port back...??? but i deff wanted it ported

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 4608
Going across between the strut towers you will not get them all in there. You need like a CRX box, something common chambered, subs in 2's and port to the back (towards trunk tail lights. You can remove some of the metal and maybe pop the 6x9s out the back. Be sure to deaden the heck out of your trunk lid. Polo..

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 961
how wont i if i do two in teh farthest back and teh 2 more in frot of them. . and what is a crx box? subs in 2's????and the port to the back u mean when u open trunk i can see it?why take the 6x9 out too??? and cut what metal the plate that holds the rear speakers or the seat? sorry bout all teh ?'s but i just don tunderstand.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 962
bump
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us