Hair trick

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 750
what would it take to do at least a small hair trick.. all i got are 2 15" mojos and 2 12" 2XLs... the only sorce of power i have now is a asa1000... and i car put it in a 2001 grand cherokee or a 97 accord 4 door... is it possible???.. i did a VERY small one before in a 93 talon with 2 12" cvrs..

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 94
well i dont know what your definition of a little hair trick is, but to really blow some hair around you are most likely going to need a lot more than 1000rms. I have seen peoples hair move with around 1000-1500rms, but those videos of girls hair getting blown all over the place like crazy is usually done with thousands of watts.

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 992
its not so much how many watts its how much spl you have the spl pushes the pressure out the window making her hair fly up

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 97
i know...but the less power the harder it is to maintain a decent spl.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 993
i think it was sean that was runnning only like 900 rms in a jeep liberty getting in the high 140s cant remember if it was him though maybe scott

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 98
That is an impressive score for 900rms. But i wouldn't count on most people doing that. And of course something that is going to be a huge factor with this question is install. But if I had to make a bet whether or not he would be able to do a hair trick after everything is in and installed, i would say most likely not with that equipment.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

15 Mag USA

Post Number: 9786
Have to be moving alot of air at a low frequency to do a hair trick.

I'm sorry but are you going to be using all of those subs in the same system? Cause if you are, then don't. Just run the 12" or the 15"s. Not all four. Don't mix sizes and different subs.

Silver Member

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 997
^x2 mixing subs with sound terrible just run two in a great box

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 99
i doubt he's planning on running all 4 off of that amp. i think he was just saying what his options were for subwoofers.

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3647
15's tuned loooow is the way to go for hair tricks.

Bronze Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 100
that brings up another good point. the guy hitting in the high 140's with 900rms was probably playing around 44-50hz. Hitting high spl numbers at low frequencies is very difficult with limited power.

I say get a big amp, and give it a shot with the mojos.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

I get Bucks like Milwa...

Post Number: 5987
alot of port area.

Silver Member

Storrs, CT USA

Post Number: 101
This is the only way to do a real solid hair trick with 900 watts.

http://store.goldenmartbeautysupply.com/remitrhadr90.html

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 752
lmao gibson....ya i was just saying my options i dokn't plan on running all 4 subs on there... and if i do the mojos i can only run one... they r dual 2 ohm and the amp is 1000 @ 1 ohm......and i would just like to give a try with what i got... i'm not dying to do a crazy hair trick its just sum messing around i wanna do.... i've heard to use round pvc port instead of slot.. but i'm not to sure... i have 11" 6" 4" and 3" pvc to play with.... i work in construction so i just grab this stuff when ppl leave lying around after they r done

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 753
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=686375 79 that was with 2 12" CVRs with 4 4" ports in about 6 cu ft.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us