Help with amp choice

Username: Joshpenny83

Post Number: 1
i recently bought a kicker dcvr124 comp vr dual 12's that come in the kicker box and everything. both subs are dual voice coiled and the max watts is 1600 with a rms of 800 watts and 4 ohm's. ive have asked around on the net and pretty much gotten a different answer everytime. i think im fianlly starting to understand the ohm's stuff. some people said i could wire it up so it showed a amp a 2 ohm load and others said that wouldnt be possible and said go with a 1 ohm load and then others said that wouldnt be safe. can anyone help me out here with a right answer so i dont mess up my brand new subs

Silver Member
Username: Bandizzy

Post Number: 238
test

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1018
if the subs are DUAL 4ohm then you can wire it to a final load of either 4ohms or 1ohm

however,
if the subs are DUAL 2ohm, then a final load of 2ohms will be your only option.

so which do you have? and whats your budget for an amp?

Username: Cashguy_7

Pueblo, CO

Post Number: 1
Looking to install a new stereo system into my new camaro. I ordered two 12' 800w subwoofers. Here are the specks:

800 Watts Peak Power

400 Watts RMS power

Non-Press Paper Cone

Specially Treated Foam

Edge Suspension

2.0" High Temperature Dual Voice Coil

80 Oz Magnet Weight

Dual 4 Ohms Impendence

Fs (Hz): 30 -1KHz

Qms : 4.0

Qes : 0.75

Qts : 0.65

SPL(dB) : 86

Vas (cuft): 4.7

Lug Lock Terminals

5.25" Mouthing Depth Hole

2 Ohm or 8 Ohm Operation

Silver Plated Terminal

Chrome Finished Basket With Vent For High Performance

Now, what amplifer wattage will I need to power these subwoofers? I have a Sony XPlod 600w amp, but my friends say my subs will fry it. Also I bought a new Kenwood deck that pushes 50x4 watts into my 4 speakers. What speakers (watts) should I buy for superior quaility? Any suggestions? E-mail me at:

fingersmalone22@hotmail.com.
Really appreciate.

New Car Guy.

Username: Joshpenny83

Post Number: 2
the subs are 4 ohm. so i can only wire it 4 or down to 1 right. thats kind of a down fall because i dont think i have found a amp that will run 800 watts rms at 4 or 1 ohm. anybody kno of one?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us