Amp in protect wtf???? help guys

Silver Member
Username: Mike_16

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 949
ok so i got 4 gauge wiring 3 days ago .well lastnight i was bumpin all night long in town then time to go home 2 hours later, go home sleep wake up to go to wqork today and my bass is gone! im like wtf someoen steel my stuff, nope, then look and its on protect!! im like ok wtf , unplugged all wires replugged them all in stil its on protect. wel whatr i dont get it how could this have happened? why did this happen? it worked b4 i got out of my truck then why dont it when i start it back up? i hope it aint fried :-( .. what can it be is it fixable?

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 950
ok i have been readin and it seems maybe that 8 gauge wirirng did it? but what i dont get is its 4 now and it worked all for liek 2 to 3 hours lastnight without anything happeneing. no fuses blown never went into protect nothign!! but now when i go to drive away its stuck into protect.. i alspo read it can be a ground!! ok well i noticed when i take the power wire off the ampp its still on but then the ground when i take it off after teh power is already off then it goes off with the power . so does that mean its my ground? or just normal to do that? godd i hope the amp is not fried

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2001
Try finding a better ground and see what that does for ya. Remember to sand the paint where you plan on grounding :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3991
'ok well i noticed when i take the power wire off the ampp its still on but then the ground when i take it off after teh power is already off then it goes off with the power . so does that mean its my ground? or just normal to do that? godd i hope the amp is not fried"

Ya, its pretty normal for an amp to shut down when theres no power going to it.

As far as your problem? Redo the ground. Also, what amp is it? and what subs? You may be operating the amp at an impedance that is not compatible with the amplifer.
Also, the power wire and the ground wire are both 4 awg? if not, make it so.

Bronze Member
Username: Fred_the_axe_murderer

Post Number: 28
was the amp new? i had the same thing happen in my friends car that i did the install on. the amp worked the first day but was dead the next day. the shop were he got it had to replace it.

Silver Member

Reedsburg, Wisconsin Us

Post Number: 951
well yes when i changed the power i did groudn too. i think maybe the amp was messed up b4 i changed the wiring though. wel its a ma audio hk something . idk its 1600 watt and 800 rms. but i had it running at 2 ohms and yes that amp is stable at 2 ohms. anyways i am paying 30 bucks to have it sent to california from teh guy who i bought it from he is takling it back to teh place he got it from and they said 30 bucks and they will fix it cuz it had a 2 year waranty. so idk. my friend sent his sub to them and it took 3 months to get it back he always tells people it will only be 2 weeks haha. he tries to scam people
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us