Loud 6.5

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 743
i'm looking for a pair of loud 6.5 coaxials/components for around 60 for the pair.. this will be goin into a 01 grand cherokee... i'm not lookin for much s/q i mostly want the tweeters loud... and also i on the front doors i have 6x9s i'd like to change but i'm not to sure if i should go to round... i'd also like to get a decent about of bass out of thm just incase i take out my subs it won't so just plain horrible... thanks of all your opinions

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3585
second of all u suck at spelling. first off, 60 isnt enough

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4035
Dude he missed two words and didn't put a space between incase... Ease up.

the disco kid

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6262
jk you aint the damn cisco kid

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10658
hahaha Brad!

The crisco kid

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4036
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2167
Hahaha that's too funny...

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1764
"second of all u suck at spelling. first off, 60 isnt enough "

you*
is not* (you do not use contractions in writing)

Also, you start a sentence with a capital. You seemed to have missed that twice. Before you try and hassle someone about their grammar, check your own.

.D., Check into some PG components. They might be a little bit above your budget, but you will not be disappointed.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 6413
Upload
lawl

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9364
"second of all u suck at spelling. first off, 60 isnt enough"

didnt anyone catch that he said second first and first second thats wrong too....jk....jk haha

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4000
LOL

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 422
D... I own a 1999 jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4X4. I am running Infinity Ref. 6X9's in the front and 6.5's in my rear doors. They sound real nice... Mine were more than 60 though...Plus I added 4 tweets on my A pillar.. well actually 2 tweets went in the factory mounting spot on the dash..

"i'm not lookin for much s/q i mostly want the tweeters loud"

trust me... If you are going to go through the trouble of replacing factory speaker, then SQ HAS to be important.. Why replace the originals? Plus you will never be happy with subpar sound and distortion coming at you from all angles and you will end up replcing the suppar mids and highs again... Just do it right the 1st time... You can have all the bass you want, but your system will still sound like chit without decent mids and highs!

"also like to get a decent about of bass out of thm just incase i take out my subs it won't so just plain horrible."

I thought SQ wasn't important?
If you have freq settings on Amp/HU right the bass(from 6x9's and 6.5's) won't over-power(distort) the mids/highs that you end up choosing.
JMHO

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2910
you can buy an adapter for the front doors to convert the 6x9 into a 5.25 circle and tweeter...

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-5-25-240w-COMPONENT-CAR-SPEAKERS-RSD5CS_W0QQite mZ300229558967QQihZ020QQcategoryZ14941QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/PHOENIX-GOLD-400-6-5-COMPONENT-CAR-AUDIO-SPEAKER-SYSTEM_W0QQ itemZ190225270221QQihZ009QQcategoryZ32819QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Gold Member

Post Number: 3586
haha i didnt even know it was a series of movies and tv shows. i just know it from the radio show and the sublime song "cisco kid". thats funny though. i love fagggggot b!tch boys who analyze your statement for grammar after you call someone out. pretty much i didnt expect nick v to go ape sh!t on my single sentence which made total sense, whereas, "i'd also like to get a decent about of bass out of thm just incase i take out my subs it won't so just plain horrible" just doesnt make perfect sense.

the cisco kid

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21038
D, the kicker coaxials will surprise you.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2512

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 744
lmao off thanks for all the back up and thanks for the awsome advice... and i thought this was just a form i didn't think i was gunna get my work checked... but thanks anyways

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 745
i was lookin into PG and what caught my attention was the ryval series components... are those pretty decents comps...??? and say i do get those.. would it be wise to put the Pg tweeter were i have my stock tweeter??? (on the dash close to the window)

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1766
"i love fagggggot b!tch boys who analyze your statement for grammar after you call someone out. pretty much i didnt expect nick v to go ape sh!t on my single sentence which made total sense"

Who is a "fagggggot b!tch boy?" lol
And no, I did not go "ape sh!t." You just told him he spelled some words wrong and so did you. So, I pointed it out just like you did.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3589
you. you you you you. youre being a fagggggot b!tch boy!!! you nick v. you

the cisco kid

Gold Member

-[Team Audib...

Post Number: 1768
Ok? lol

"would it be wise to put the Pg tweeter were i have my stock tweeter??? (on the dash close to the window)"

It might fit, but I would first tape it there to see how you like how it sounds. Play with a few locations until you find one you like.

Silver Member

Post Number: 423
"Plus I added 4 tweets on my A pillar.. well actually 2 tweets went in the factory mounting spot on the dash.."

works great for me... tweets do not overpower or distort. They are just nice and crisp... Then again I have 4 total. I like a lot of tweets... so long as it sounds nice and crisp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 424
i had to buil;d a little concieled wooden mound to make the aftermarket tweets fit properly in the dash tweet spot.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 576
Chad's right, I've used those kicker coaxials and there not too bad for under 70 bucks.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10662
yeah for cheap the kicker sarnt bad, you can also find the alpine type r coax's cheap around the internet.

Raleigh Theodore Sakers

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 747
so what would be best for me?? the kicker coaxials for 70??? or the PG ryvals 6.5 compnents for 59?... also i have another question... i put a set of earthquake FC6.2Rs in a 4 door accord and the tweeters get plenty loud but i'm really disapointed in the mids... i know sum of it is b/c i didn't dynamat my doors but would it make that big of a difference... or is that just how that component set is?

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 748
kicker 6.5 are 57... sorry about that

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 776
mach 5 6.5s

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/zencart/index.php?main_page=product_info&prod ucts_id=13

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1741
I got exactly what your looking for

Eclipse 8365 coaxials

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/mike11202/?action=view&current=REMT15Driv eby.flv

Gold Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3989
What the hell was that about Mike?

Couldnt hear anything till you pulled up.

Check the first 10 seconds of this vid for loudness.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PyPpnrc-iU

Gold Member

Post Number: 1743
Actually you could here the music far away and its loud as sh1t and sounds great if you could tell like any regular person

Those who heard it at the ecoustics meet would agree

And i think hearing crystal clear music with 3,000 watts to the sub hitting 140's average is loud

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v407/mike11202/?action=view&current=MOV00973.f lv

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3990
lol, Thats more like it. Just busting your balls since you sold my W6

Gold Member
Username: Mixmastaspig

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1698
Marc your set up is crazy, I love the zillion speakers!

What HU is that? I have never seen one that speaks folders and such.

I been thinking about getting another 4 channel (or 2 channel) just so I can toss in some more speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 6263
nick v is the wrong person to piss off with his photo shop skills

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 749
hey mike what amp do u have running to those??? i think thats what i'm getting..

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 751
and are the se6500s comparable?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1746
"hey mike what amp do u have running to those??? i think thats what i'm getting.."

JL 300/2v2

Haven't heard the se6500's but I bought these at a local dealer and they sounded the best IMO.

Mine are up for sale since I got ID Chameleons now, 60 shipped takes them.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1702
mike,

what are the specs on those amps as I might be interested in taking them off your hands!

Gold Member

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 3998
/\/\ike, Thats the Kenwood X890 with PhatNoise music manager. The program makes the talking folders, but the HU can read them. Not all Kenwood HU are compatible with it. I think 06 was the last year thaey made that combo. Kenwood just has a media manager, but it no talkie.
And why get a 2 OR 4 channel?
Get them both.

Gold Member

Team RD, Canada

Post Number: 1710
Marc

I'm thinking about running two 4 channel amps, just cause as I might just give up on competeing with this car so I can add a couple batteries and use my little hatchback beater for my comp car.

Gold Member

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4057
I thought Mike was going to say "Thanks MTV for pimping my ride!" when he pulled up.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4013
LOL
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us