The Hifonics Issue

Silver Member
Username: Audiosaab

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 149
So i figured out after yesterdays issues, that the problem in fact is my Hifonics BXI 1606D amp....

After having my subwoofers stop running and checking all the wires etc... it is in fact the amp itself which still lights up the hifonics symbol in blue and not the power or protect light....

I have decided to open it up today...and would like to know if anyone has experience with hifonics amps, working on them, diagrams mabye as to what i should look for etc....

Thanks people

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8150
Something in that output channel went poof. Same thing happened to my friend's BXI 1606D. Still lights up, doesn't go into protect but has no output.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2790
If you have any warranty opening it up voids that...just so you know. Not too many people on this forum know how to fix amps, its not an easy thing to do. All i know is burn marks=bad.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 150
yeah i agree with you Rob, and thanks jake....the thing is i bought it off an ebay power seller brand new...but unless that power seller is listed as one of their retailers i dont have the warrenty....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8151
Yea, that sucks. Try looking on Craigslist for a decent deal on an amplifier or check over on Caraudio.com

Gold Member
Username: Frkkevin

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5181
I've got a few amps I could sell you if in need :P

Gold Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 1015
list those amps kevin. i need a mono amp.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10640
"throw it in the gutta and go buy anotha"

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 151
lol i think i am, it depends though because i recently went like a town over from where im staying and there is 3 audio repair/ installation places...of course i only need the repair but hopefully they can do it for cheap and i can sell the amp mabye get one more worth my while....

Yeah kevin list the amps u got...im looking that would work strong for 2 alpine type r dvc 4ohmers...thanks :-)

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10644
good call, hifonics are disposable amps, not really worth fixing unless you really have to.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 152
i just wna fix so i can sell it for a midrange price on ebay instead of saying "hey look at me im broken"

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5182
I've got a Massive 1500.1 and eD Nine.1 .. also a 2nd Nine.1 that needs repair. dbr will repair it for $125 I do believe.. not sure how much eD would charge.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 153
how much you charging for the non broken massive 1500.1 and the ed nine.1? im not really looking to do too many repairs so yeah...

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 154
the elemental is the one im mainly looking at because i think 1200 at 1 ohm would work just perfect on the type r's :-)

Gold Member

Team DLSSuperNatural...

Post Number: 5186
$200 shipped on the Massive and $220 shipped on the eD Nine.1

or.. $270 for both the nine.1s .. repair is no more than $125

Silver Member
Username: Ccdoggy

Post Number: 214
just open her up and see if you can see/smell anything burnt or weird lookin. Could be allot of things that killed it.

If you find the dead parts it might not be that hard to fix. For example my JL E4300 died on me, turned out 3 of hte power supply fets blew taking the caps and resistors with them. for all the parts it will cost me about $20 and then i may sell it or keep it, not sure yet.

Silver Member

Potomac, MD

Post Number: 155
Kevin, ill get back to you on the eD nine.1....i found the repair shop im going to use for the repair on the hifonics amp...

some shop called "High Performance Audio" is going to repair it for 60-70 dollars and get this, he said the Hifonics BXi 1606D was the number 1 amp he recieved most for the problem i have lol....what a piece of crap...

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10667
I could have told you that before you bought it!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us