Blown Fuses

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 293
I got a new amp from a chick who said it wasnt working for her so she said i could have it if i got it to work.

I put the amp in installed everything correctly then started the car and turned on the amp. To my excitement the amp lit up its beautiful hifonics brand. Unfortunatly no bass was heard and the amp quickly shut off. My first place to check was the fuse that is by the battery it was blown. It was only an 80amp so i ran and tried a 100amp that i had around. Popped that bad boy in and it stayed lit for a bit longer but still no bass and the fuse soon blew.

You guys got any suggestions? The amp is a hifonics bxi1000 and i have 8 gauge wiring running to it which i think might be too weak for that amp and could be the problem.

Any other ideas?

Thanks
Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Ducka

Shelby Township, MI United States

Post Number: 294
anyone?bump

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 421
sounds like amp is fried... shorting out!i would quit messing with it or else you may mess up something you paid for or your car's electroal system. A hifonics bxi1000 is not worth fu(kin' your car up!

Gold Member
Username: Kpa2727

Old Bridge, NJ USA !

Post Number: 1324
very true ^ in your case though 8 guage is not the problem. it's very bad but not it, the amp should output something. i say un hook it all and pop open the back and take a look see if anythings looks fried or smells. if so you have your answer.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us