Door pod help

Silver Member
Username: Imi4tth3w

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 157
so i've got a pair of eclipse 6x9's that i really wanna put in the rear doors of my 00' tahoe (newer body style). i really wanna make a pod for em but don't have any diagrams or experience with building pods. i don't want anything too fancy but it would be nice if i could get em in there. if anyones got any info that could help that'd be awesome

Silver Member
Username: Exige

CDT, Audiopulse Dealer

Post Number: 375
do you really wanna do that in the rear doors? is it really worth the effort and time for rear doors? what about your fronts?

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 990
x2^ what about ur fronts

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3996
Making door pods for those cars is a breeze. You have 3 options. Use the existing speaker grill, making a mdf template shaped from the grill, or making a mold of the location where the speaker grill was at on the door out of fiberglass resin and chopped mat. So which way do you want to pursue? and yeah, if you don't plan on doing the fronts, maybe you should just stick them inside, behind the grill if you can.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2165
you might just want to sell or trade the 6x9 and get some 6 1/2.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 3998
true. the cost of making pods is going to cost a good amount of time and money. Selling the 6x9's and getting 6 1/2's would be less of a hassle and you can install them behind the grill. Less hassle, less money.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

SOCAL2 RE 15 XXX

Post Number: 2166
I second that...

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 158
well i've already got focal 6 1/2 components in the front and i've got these eclipse sitting in my garage and want them in the rear door panels. i've got a sh!t load of fiberglassing stuff too from when a friend used it. plus i've heard it was easy to do in tahoes and want to do it myself. if its in the rear doors its not gonna matter if i make a few mistakes. but i'm about to go cut out some 6x9 door rings and i'll figure out some more what i'll do from there

Silver Member

San Antonio, Texas USA

Post Number: 159
so i said fck it and started on the fiberglass door pods. so far i like

Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help