Adire Brahma MKII

Silver Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 745
whats the recommended power handling on these?

Bronze Member
Username: Gibsonguy

Post Number: 47
I belive they were around 1000-1100rms on the adire site back in the day.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3708
600-1000. i wouldnt give it much more then that

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
The mk3 i know was rated at 600rms, which was considerably less than the mk2.

But if it's a real mk2 it can handle 1000-1200rms no problem as long as it's in the proper sized enclosure. Unfortunately, i don't remember the proper sized enclosure for those drivers. :-(

But i do remember they did well in smaller enclosures. I would say around 2.5-3 cubes for the 12, and 3-5 cubes for the 15. that's if you decide to go ported. Sealed you can get away with a cubic foot per 12", and around 1.5-2 cubes for the 15".

I just remember the sizes of the enclosures back when i had mine, but can't remember the exact specifications off the site anymore.

Platinum Member
Username: James1115

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10588
sealed for the 12 go 1.25cu/ft- ported go 2.25 -2.75. for the 15 go 2.0-2.5 sealed and 3.25-3.5 ported. power handling for the 12 is 600-750 and the 15 about the same. can they take more in burps? absolutely but you have to know what you are doing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
do you have the spec sheet that shows what the mk2's were rated at? I just know they were rated at over 1000rms, because people got the power handling of the mk2's confused with the mk3's which was only 600rms. so people were sending 1100rms to the mk3's which had a thermal power handling of only 600rms lol.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10592
the brahma mkII did not have high power handling it was similar to the AA avalanche. The REXXX had higher power handling. Like I said in the right ported application you could sent the brahma II some power but sealed they didnt take all that much. I have no idea about the mkIII I have never heard one or known anyone who used one. I just know about the mkII because I have one.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
I know for a fact Adire Audio released a spec sheet which showed the thermal power handling on the mk2 brahmas to be over 1000rms. But since they completely got rid of their website, i don't have access to it anymore.

you are probably correct about what the driver can actually handle, but i know they released a spec sheet a long time ago with the thermal ratings on all their drivers.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 53
1600rms is the thermal power handling with the test signal they used. And it looks like you need about 1000rms to get full potential out of the driver with reasonable sized enclosures.

http://209.85.215.104/search?q=cache:xt2w5VAevToJ:www.adireaudio.com/Files/Brahm aPowerHandling.pdf+adire+audio+thermal+power+handling&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&c lient=firefox-a

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10596
you can't go by thermal ratings anyway. Thermal ratings are what a speaker can take at its closest point to melt down. Thermal ratings are measured in heat, right before the vc cooks.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 55
yeah, i know what thermal power handling is.

but as you can see, in a normal sized enclosure it will take about 1000rms to get full potential out of a mk2 brahma.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10598
I completely disagree, I ran 800 on mine in a small sealed and hit peak output so no I didnt need 1000 watts.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 56
It's adire audio....i wouldnt be surprised if your backyard testing provided more accurate driver specifications lol.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10601
yup your right, I am a newb! how did I forget? thanks for puttiong me in my place!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 58
"yup your right, I am a newb! how did I forget? thanks for puttiong me in my place!"

I was taking a shot at Adire Audio, not you lol.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3711
yeah the brahma would take over 1k in a tiny sealed enclosure. making it very inefficient. so really in a good sized ported enclosure. 600-800 would be perfect for them. i had one way back in the day. and it didnt like more then a 1k, great sq sub, got decently loud. i do mis it sometimes.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10603
thats why you have been trying to buy mine for the last three years:-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 61
i've been trying to buy your brahma???

i think you have me confused with someone else. I had a brahma back around 2004.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10608
no Hunter has been trying not you man!

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3713
haha na he's talking about me. lol. old man longo won't sell though. =( im looking to get the trifecta again =(

Bronze Member

Post Number: 62
lol....well goodluck finding that driver. they arent easy to come by.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3714
oh i could get one if i wanted to. just dont want it superbad. i miss it but, the subs i havenow are superior

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10618
funky pups are superior to what you got punk!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 63
haha...what you running now hunter?

Silver Member

Post Number: 748
damn, thats for all the feedback guys. yeah i wanted to maybe buy BCS's brahma but i cant get ahold of him and i dont have his email. its either the brahma or 05 model xxx.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 65
either one would be a nice sql sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 749
yeah i know. does anyone have BCS's email??

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10620
I would go 05 REXXX if I was you, but they takea little more power. I would give a 05 REXXX like 1200-1500.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3718
are you lookg for basically lows? because xbl motored subs dont like to play higher freqs at all really. 05 xxx is better imo. imo i would try and find a tc3000 15 or 2 12 sonances.

oh and gibson, im not sure what i want to run yet, BUT i have plenty of subs on standbuy ready to go in lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 752
yeah well im probably going to get the XXX, but just trying to get more ideas. the only problem with the XXX is i could only probably give it like 1000 watts max, because of my stock electrical. But sometime in the future ill get a h.o alt. The XXX looks so sexy though, ill prolly just get that.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10621
good choice, like Hunter said for lows the XBL motors are nice but in the 50hz and up range they lack severly!

Silver Member

Post Number: 754
alright, thanks for all your help guys.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3721
you still never told me who yourf getting it from. will you tell me after you buy it!

Silver Member

Post Number: 766
yeah i'll tell you after i buy it. promise.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10634
someone doesnt trust you Hdubb! lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 767
i dont want my sub to get taken from me.

Platinum Member

Use a simple...

Post Number: 10635
he would never do that snowball!

Silver Member

Post Number: 794
so if i was to go ported with this sub. what is your recommendation for power? help me out guys.

Gold Member

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3724
id go 1200 in 5 cubes tuned to 32-30
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us